Evening Views: Tacloban To Cebu


This was another of those days where I was returning from Tacoban to Cebu. A late afternoon flight on a sporadically rainy day. Nothing much I thought. But as I keep saying, every trip is different, even if it is on the same path you take everyday. Since I always have my phone, I still take pics here and there.

This time, a darker-than-usual day, I thought I'd play with the video - for whatever it may give me.

Without expecting, what became the highlight of my otherwise boring evening flight was this:
That is just another evening view of San Juanico Bridge, yet it still commands my amazed attention. It fares well in my stories like here, here and many more (just search for them on this blog). But evening views of the bridge from up in the clouds are really captivating - you'd wish you had a pro camera not a mere cellular phone! Although, tingnan mo ang pics & vids ko, mukhang kaya naman ng phone lang!

With nothing much to do, it became automatic that I also shoot a video of our landing in Cebu:

Oh well, not bad... not bad at all. I mean I'm getting to be an 'expert' with "shooting at night"! Aliw din!

Meanwhile, just for your added information... all of us plane passengers were only one bus load!
I noted this because, this was a first-time (ever) that I heard PAL ground crew shouting like 'streetside barkers' or bus conductors saying "ah atrasi lang atrasi" - until all passengers from the plane were in!

I can't/won't say it was improper, it's just that it was my first time to hear them do that, so I took note hehe. Yes, maybe they had few buses available this evening. But the situation irked some passengers.

Why? Because the poor bus had to wait for each and every soul to come down, and those of us who were first on the bus got impatient waiting. It was not usual, so many were disappointed. One woman even asked "manong, wala na ba kayong ibang bus"? We instead heard "ah atrasi lang atrasi sa taas"!

Yep, it was the first time I experienced that with PAL. Well, there's always a "first-time" for everything!

Home time! And I asked to be fetched in front of the 7 Eleven store at the arrival area...

Oh yes, I got to observe the T2 International Transfer bus again. One of these days, sasakay ako dyan!
Yeah yeah... one of these days... since in my previous transfers, I actually came from Waterfront Hotel.

Okay, let me be home for the weekend. No plans to hie away. Just Cebu City. Nahidlaw na!

Post a Comment

0 Comments