Inflight Sunset: Tacloban To Cebu


We all have heard about Inflight Music, Inflight Movies, Inflight Radio, Inflight Food, Inflight Amenities, Inflight Magazines, Inflight Announcements, Inflight Calls and many other things 'Inflight', right? But, is there really a thing, or phenomenon, that's called (referred to) as Inflight Sunset or Sunset In The Air?

Ah well.., effective today as in now.., THERE IS! I am declaring so. Walang kokontra!

So I flew on another PAL short hop flight from Tacloban to Cebu with a fantastic Inflight Sunset. Yeah! If you're still not getting it, I'm just finding a way to show-off my sunset pics today. Inflight Sunset it is!

It started with... upon boarding the plane, I felt the world was 'unusually more colorful than usual'!

Taking off on Runway 36 was normal, except that there were more vivid orange hues than usual...

The sun just looked trying very hard to persist amidst the darkening clouds...

Even on this shot, the highlight wasn't supposed to be the sun. Can you see what it should have been?

Yes, that's the San Juanico Bridge, that cannot even be clearly seen than the 2 islets that it passes!

Passing above southern Tacloban and northern Palo, the hazy 'tint' was generally still 'orangy'...

Crossing over from eastern to western Leyte, the whity-white clouds turned a little 'goldish'...

And as we approached the Camotes Sea, the skies were already generally gold and orange...

The colors became too vivid that it started to look like water color paintings...

I had to check my phone settings if I may have pressed some fancy filters or something like those...

I didn't do any new phone settings, I rarely do. Mother Earth was just being artistic this time!

Until the plane started descending to approach and land at runway 04 that was fast darkening...

The whity-white clouds have turned dark into various shades of black and gray...

The Cebu skyline looked shrouded in a delicate fabric of yellow, orange, gold, blue and gray...

My plane has landed, as if it had an "Inflight Sunset viewing Service" that just ended...

It is not every flight that we encounter such a 'show'.., but lucky I did today!

Post a Comment

0 Comments