Ang Kawawang Baboy


Do I hear someone singing? Bakit ka kumakanta? The song is "Ang Kawawang Cowboy", ito Baboy!
Ah the things we see on the road, they are not only educational, they are also somehow entertaining!

Windows were all closed, airconditioning was on and driver was playing some music (because there is no radio reception in this area of the highway in W. Samar). Yet, we could hear a pig's cries of distress!

I asked the driver where that was coming from, since there were no houses along the way - at alangan tumatakbo kasabay namin ang bahay na me baboy na imiiyak 'no! Driver pointed his 'nguso' up front!

When I looked, I saw that habal-habal with a pig tied "upside down" (I mean not upright, according to a pig's point of view - yes me ganun hehehe), on the right-side passenger footrest of that motorcycle.

Can you see it?

So, it kept wailing in distress. Kahit ikaw naman, di ba? Subukan mong itali ka ng ganyan patiwarik sa isang humaharurot na motorsiklo, di ka ba magngangawa? My driver said, it will be butchered anyway.

I said "kairo man". Driver said "litsonon ada ito"! I said "kahit na"!

I suddenly remembered I have read somewhere that, there are studies indicating, that when plants or animals (including fish) are stressed before/while being "harvested", their bodies release 'toxins' that are harmful to humans or animals who eat them, kahit pa lutuin ng matagal. Grabe sa science 'no? Ta!

Kaya kayo dyan mga kababayan... bago nyo katayin ang mga baboy manok baka kalabaw kambing aso (ay bawal nga pala ang azucena mga kabsat hahaha) - dapat daw hindi sila stressed bago nyo katayin!

Eh, paano ba hindi maging stressed ang hayop at halaman bago mo lutuin at lapain? Ang dapat ba eh naka-smile sila habang kinikitil ang kanilang mga buhay heheh! Aru, ewan ko na sa mundong ibabaw!

Let's go back to that "kawawang baboy" in the picture. How should they handle that "litsonon" so that it won't be stressed? Ilalagay sa "refregirated van with strictly controlled temperature and ventilation" for ultimate safety security comfort and convenience? Ganun? Juice ko e pamasahe nga sa jeep, wala!

By the way, our country does have laws and regulations about animals, such as RA 8485, but I wonder if transporting a pig that way, violates any of those laws. I don't think so (yata). Hindi ako expert dyan, nagbabalak pa nga lang ako mag-basa about that aspect in life eh! So for now sorry muna kababuyan!

That is how you get transported before you become tasty crispy lechon hehe!

'Cruelty to animals' nga ba yan if the baboy is being transported like that? What's considered humane when it comes to handling animals? And my driver blurted "sir, ano nga yumin yumin, hin mga animal man ito, diri yuman"! Oo nga 'no! Ewan, basta sakin, 'wag nakabaligtad ang baboy habang nasa motor!

Ituloy natin for the sake of "intellectual m*st*rbation", paano ba patayin ang baboy na walang stress? What are "humane procedures" really, as required by that republic act? Eh di naman sinabi! Paano ba?

You will be as sweet as the Ilonggos? And say "good morning babie, how are you today? Did you sleep well? Indi lang magtulok diri babie ha? Kay laba-laba ang sundang ko hoo! Amo ni gamiton ko pag kill sa imo ba la! Hinayhinayon ko lang ay. Are you ready na Babie? Patyon na tika subong! Isaa... duwa..."!

Ganun? Haruy hahaha!

Pag-aralan nga natin ito. Parang magandang malaman ang mga bagay-bagay patungkol sa "cruelty to animals" na yan. For now anyway, happy na ako I saw a wailing pig being transported via habal-habal.

It perked up my interest in trying to know what is right or proper!

This was excitingly an 'animal day' for me on my travels. Imagine that, the Carabo Incident early in the morning, and this Baboy Transport in the afternoon. Aren't I a lucky roamer? I do wonder what's next!

Bring them on - nga ka-animalan hira hahaha! This is: life!

Post a Comment

0 Comments