Cute Ugly Dogs At Yolanda's


I like dogs, in general. I can play with dogs that know how to play with people, and not bite them. I do not like the mongrel-stray-types, that bark for no reason at all - and ever ready to chew upon people.

I'm not a dog lover, if that means sharng a bed and my meals with them. I just like playing with them, not looking after their poo and/or grooming them or dressing them up like people. No, I am not that.

During my childhood years (until I eventually went to find a job), I lived in a house where dogs were a no-no, though cats were aplenty. That said, if I say I like a dog, it probably is likable to you dog lovers.

Now... there are dogs over at Yolanda's Eatery in Tacloban, that look really ugly to many people, to me and even to the owners themselves! But for reasons I do not know, I like them - and they like me too!
They are 'free-roaming', meaning they are never caged nor tied by the restaurant owners, but they are not (that) dirty. But if you take a quick look at them, especially from a distance, they look filthy hehe!

I don't know what kind or type of breed they are, but they're a good example of don't judge a book by its cover! On first look, they really look ugly and yucky to many people whether it is day or night time.

They are good dogs, generally with the temperament and "decorum" (yes me ganun!) of all other dogs in and around the restaurant. They often come around to 'observe', hoping you toss a morsel at them.

The brown one is young - an offspring of the black one - which I first saw when it was still a cute little ugly pup. Yeah, even when it was still a puppy, it already looked like that, ugly heheh! Me ganyan pala! I therefore deduce, parang tao din sila - me maganda at me pangit sa ating paningin, kahit maliliit pa!

So I guess, let us all consider looking at the heart and soul of living things, kung meron man sila! I can tell you, that black one knows me, and I can even call to pet it at will, even if I don't coax it with food!

Oh well, roaming around makes me encounter many more things in life. It educates me!

Woof! Arf arf!

Post a Comment

0 Comments