Revisiting Yolanda's - The Eatery!

Yolanda's Eatery in the Yolanda-stricken area of San Jose District in Tacloban City, near the airport! I have been to this place two years ago and posted my story on this blog. Read that? Well yes, this eatery precedes the typhoon both in name and occurrence!

I went there this afternoon, not really to dine, but just to see if it was still there, or if so, how it was affected by the super typhoon, since I remember it is/was on the very beach.

Well, it was wiped out, but alive again at a new location a few meters away...
new location of Yolanda's Eatery in San Jose Tacloban
This is right side of the barangay hall (if you're facing it). The original was to the left.

Where that UNHCR tent now sits on, is/was the original location of this eatery...
old location of Yolanda's Eatery in San Jose Tacloban
This pink building with a Philippine flag, on the right edge of the photo, is the Barangay Hall. To the right of this building is the new location of Yolanda's Eatery (1st pic above).

I learned further that: Mana Yollie (Yolanda), the owner/proprietor died a year before the super typhoon with her name came. The eatery was then being managed by his husband who was also one of the cooks. Unfortunately, he died under the super typhoon's wrath.

So this eatery is now managed (and owned, of course) by the children.

As before, I walked down to the water's edge as it is always a wonderful view anytime...
view of Baybay Beach in San Jose Tacloban
Even when it's already getting dark, this place still has breathtaking views of the sea.

Well, I told my self, I will be back soon.


Post a Comment

0 Comments