They Opened The ATM Machine


I was lining up to get some cash at the BDO ATM Machine at Robinsons Mall in Sagkahan, Tacloban. It had a very long line in front of it - I expected that, because that is always the case, I was 11th to front.

However, all those before me would spend a very short time on the machine, then they would leave. I said to my self, "ah maybe they were just doing a 'balance check' - better for me, line was moving fast!

When I was 3rd on the line, 2 men came, went straight to tinker on the machine - literally opening the insides (I was actually excited as this was the first time I was seeing the 'innards' of an ATM machine)!

Probably to erase the boredom and anxiety of many who were on that line, I half-hollered at the guys saying "hoy, authorized ba kamo hiton"?, "how do we know you are not robbers"? Some folks laughed.

Some people left the line without saying anything! The 2 guys paused, looked at each other, fished for their IDs from their pockets and wore them! One of them smilingly looked at me as if to say "o ayan"!
BDO ATM Machine beng opened by two men
Since it was her turn on the machine, that woman with a child, became the guinea pig as the two men tested some things. And I, who was not even next in line, went near them for a closer look at all those mechanisms inside the machine and I took photos too! No one said anything about me taking photos.

Just then, somebody probably 15th on the line waved at me. A friend who is a banker (not BDO). Then he said "dami mong pictures ah"! As if triumphantly I said yes and revealed that this was the first time I saw the insides of an ATM. Then he reminded me that those photos better not be posted in my blogs as a security precaution bla bla blah (I know he is the "safety & security" officer of his branch). Tama!

He knows that I know the reasonS, so no need to explain those to me. Kaya ayan, pag-tyagaan nyo na lang ang mga likod ng two technicians and the misis and her child, as they all tinkered with the ATM!

Oh well, happy pa rin! It's not everyday that we see an ATM Machine undergoing surgery, di ba?!

Post a Comment

0 Comments