Boracay Sunset Chill


Sunsets are one of the best times to laze-around on Boracay's White Beach, and that was incidentally where we were! But we just checked-in past 4PM and were not yet in our beach garbs, said the friend!

True! We just threw our bags to our beds and rushed out of Astoria (as I demanded so), to once again witness the golden sunset of Boracay. The protesting friend wanted to "change first", I said "no need"!

We have both been on this island a number of times, and we like to sit & chill during sunset. The only big difference is: this friend likes to "see and be seen", while I want to "see and be unnoticed". Ganun!

He associates chilling on the beach with being 'outfitted', or should I say 'dressed down' in expensive sosyalin beach wearables. I said no need for that, so we walked on clothes we trvelled in: naka-jeans!

At least we kicked the shoes away and wore "sinelas". The friend said "okay lang naka-maong tayo sa beach"? Hehe, I said "oks lang, we won't be where you and everybody thinks we would be, follow me"!

We walked northwards on the beach. Ater some 150 meters, my friend already asked "nasaan ba yun, ano'ng pangalan ng place"? I said "I don't know the name, I just remember the place, and we've been there on a late night, noong kasama natin sila A***. We both could not remember, so we kept walking!

After about 300 meters of walking (I kind of think that was more than 300), I saw it and said "this"! We both went up the stairs, no one was there (yet), but a waiter promptly followed us to get our orders :)
We asked the waiter what this place is, he told us this is still Villa De Oro. We noted it down this time! Friend checked, now we know this is between La Carmela and Hennan, boundary of Stations 3 and 2.

Waiter disappeared, happy silence... what I call "the coolest tunganga time"...

Minutes later, waiter came back with our drinks.., and I think he felt weird no one even talked to him!

I like being in this place - you are "there" but detached from the crowd. Agree naman si friend!

In fact he said "this is a nice perch for people watching" - yeah, para sa mga spying tsismoso!

The main restaurant/bar is actually downstairs - so almost all wait staff are always down there.
This is like a verandah or roof deck. Meaning, you may have to keep going down or holler to call them, if you have more re-orders like additional drinks! Someone is assigned here at night when it is busier!

You can go down anytime anyway, to catch that usual "sun sky sea sand and sailboat" shot...
But maiba naman, I do also like the coconut trees adorning my "sun sky sea sand and sailboat" shots!

Oh well, I still say: this place is my ideal tambayan to chill on a Boracay sunset, so far!
We stayed on that veranda without the crowds, until darkness fell and dinner time caught up with us!

And we walked back to Astoria.

Post a Comment

0 Comments