PH>VN: Cebu To Singapore Flight


My flight took off ahead of schedule, I was sure of that. My ticket said ETD was 1655H, eh at that time I was already looking down at south Cebu area. This meant arrival in Singapore just in-time for dinner!
First "bad trip" of the flight, I prayed it would be the first-and-last disappointment! Did you notice that?

Yes, the window! I was looking at a wonderful sunset, but could not take a good-enough picture due to those many scratches. Anyway, I wasn't sure where we were that time, but my guess would be Carcar.

Okay, nothing to do but tunganga. The front of my seat, rightfully claimed my attention! And I smiled!
Yes, that illustration on how to open the emergency exit window, in cases of emergency. As I looked at it, somewhere in me was saying "asus, memorized ko na yan". Yet another part of my brain was saying "bakit, nasubukan mo na ba"? Hahaha, a thing that no one would like to apply "practice makes perfect"!

Yes, some of the things that we must know or have knowledge of, but wish with all sincerity that we're not given any chance whatsoever to practice in real life. Aba, kahit matapang ako, ayoko niyan. Ayaw!

If you are one who ever had the chance to throw that window outside the plane in a real life scenario, and still lived to tell us about it, then we shall exult you! I am sure though, no one else wants to be you!

Nothing else I saw that we hve not yet discussed-about, in the past. Like this intrusive advertisement.
I've asked around sometime ago, no one likes seeing the overhead bins of aircraft with so much crap.

I wish someone could do a study if those nuisance displays in enclosed tightly-packed spaces, like in airplanes, affect the mental health conditions of people. And, if found negatively so,  ipag-bawal yan!

I would not be surprised if pati salamin at inidoro sa CR eh magkaroon din ng ads na ganyan!

Okay, this one I think is a better topic - food! Yeah, my pre-ordered inflight meal arrived!
I know many of you my readers, do not really like inflight food, lalo na pag sa budget airlines. Well ako, if it is baboy and it has rice, sige go hehe! But this time 'walang pork, sige manok na lang! Laman-tiyan din yan. Kesa mag-takeout nanaman sa Burger King o manghina at manginig nanaman ako sa gutom.

Just curious, I tried comparing my food to what is printed on their inflight menu magazine. Here...
Mas masarap tignan yung sa magazine! Yung beans nasobrahan sa luto! At walang bulaklak sa gitna!

Hahaha, pag ako walang magawa... kung anu-ano nakikita ko, para lang me magawa!

Well eto... this happens everytime I land in Singapore. Amusing at first, but lately it gets annoying.
The murky picture at left I got as the plane taxied to our assigned gate. Pangit, dahil madilim and me hamog yata si edroplano dahil malamig sa taas whatever. Suddenly a succession of 3 txt msgs came. That's the one at right. Hindi ko na nga gusto (I don't use 'roaming' when abroad) malimali pa. Badtrip!

Can you read it? It's Globe txtg me, it says "Welcome to Indonesia". Tarantado di ba?!

Indonesia han iyo mga... mata!

I think I do know the reason why it is so - when a plane approaches Singapore's runways coming from the south (02L, 02C, 02R) there is no other way but to pass by the airspace of Indonesia on the Batam Archipelago (Batam Island). That's probably where our phones get the Indonesian signal (Telkomsel), with a 'whatever arrangement' with Globe, so it can auto-send unsolicited messages to any Globe sim.

Even so, the unsolicited messages only get to a passing phone when the plane lands at any Singapore runway. Then that message becomes invalid, because, misleadingly stupid! They should stop it ASAP.

Teka isumbong ko sa Singapore authorities, sabihin ko si Globe me kagagawan! Security risk yan ha?!

Whaahehehe, joke lang, pakialam ko sa kanila. Basta yung message is "duh"!

I have nothing more to tell, since we have already talked about them before. And so I arrived...

I was to sleep at this airport. But let's cover that in the next story!

Post a Comment

0 Comments