PH>VN: CEB T1 to T2 Transfer Bus Ride


After getting off that flight from Tacloban, I went out of domestic arrivals (T1) to ride the transfer bus to international departure (T2). No pics on the way out, since the friend on the yellow plane called me once her flight landed, proposing lunch! I declined yet she came to watch me wait for my transfer bus!

Friend had a very wicked message telling me "maiwan ka sana para mag-lunch kita"! And the bus left!
Such a heartfelt message, di ba? Makabagbag-damdamin! That's what friends are for, mga alaskador!

As I told you 2 months and 1 day ago, this bus skirts around the hotel (Waterfront) to approach T2.
When at the back of the hotel, this bus merges with normal traffic going to either terminal (T1 or T2).

Good that they placed those movable (but concrete, heavy) barriers, as the lanes could get confusing!
If you look closely, there are two lanes at left. One (new gray asphalt) is the new road that comes from T2 departure area only (it is elevated like a skyway, and that is/was where my transfer bus was going).

Further left is another lane (yes look closely, there is still one more there - the original road) that I don't know now where it comes from or where it goes, but maybe something we don't have to bother about!

Thus, ano pa nga ba, congestion happens at the rightmost-lane, where all vehicles must pass!
If you're driving, watch out for those traffic and directional signs, so you don't get lost and/or you don't necessarily contribute to the vehicle congestion. One wrong turn (or miss), ah mangurog imong kalag!

When I say "where all vehicles must pass", I literally mean all vehicles going to the arrival or departure area of any terminal, Ebuen Air Force Base, Waterfront, CGK, Silangan, etc., whether passenger or not.
And do note, this is an underpass, where there's no alternative but forward. If any vehicle conks out or encounters even the most minor of accidents, mag-"in the name of the father..." yes, mag-dasal ka na!

Bus driver said this congestion can be all the way back at that checkpoint near the weather bureau!

At the bottom of this bottleneck, the road forks. This is where your woes end if you are going to T2.
Right lane goes right and "up" to T2. Left lane goes to T1, Waterfront, T2 parking area (T1 has none).

There are important information posted on both sides of the road, so you still better watch out.
Those that I magnified are probably temporary advisories, as this seems to be still a work in progress.

I hope I'm not 'speaking too soon', but I felt like it starts getting impressive from this point onwards :)
That left lane is going to T2 Arrival Area and parking area, that, I think was not yet open when I passed here 2months and 1day ago hehe. Then again, it was also still too dark as my departure was too early!

But let's go continue my transfer bus' way going up to the T2 departure area, to deliver me!
26
Okay di ba? Aba, I'm sure just that rampway going up this way, would have already been expensive. eh kasi naman, this area of Mactan is already too congested. Wa na ba'y laing kabutangan'g airport? Wa!

Anyway, for those who may not be aware, let me describe those personalities in the above photo. The 2 guys in yellow vests at right, are staff of the transfer bus operator/office. They are supposed to help people in getting off the bus - including offloading their luggage from the bus, gratis. No fee/payment.

That is what the bus driver told me. But if you look closely, their vests are labeled "AS Traffic Enforcer" meaning Airport Security Traffic Enforcer. Hmm, but actually, I saw them assist a female airline staff!

The 5 men in khaki cargo pants and dark shirts with yellow collars are porters. Ah whatever they do to you or your companions, including pushing your wheelchair or baby stroller (empty or not), it isn't free.

How much? They'll just say "ikaw bahala". Oh yes, they also say "it's up to you". They have a "porterage counter" over at the other end (behind that big post), where a 6th porter is seated! Rates are "per bag".

By the way, the 'luggage carts' at right are for free whether you took them yourself or handed to you by any one of them, as long as you don't let them push it for you. I'm saying that because I have seen lots of folks get victimized at similar areas of the Manila (1, 2, 3, 4) terminals - some were even foreigners.

Back to those people in the picture... the people in golden yellow shirts/vests (some are on the truck), are the airport's cleaners and utility workers. I did wonder why they were sweeping the pavement. Ha?

And the 2 men at the center of the road (in blue with orange vests) are Security Guards. Yes, gwardya, blue-guard, chief, sekyu, bantay, jaguar[dya-gwar] that you would wonder what they are guarding there! Hindi sila traffic enforcer (the 2 guys at right are), so ano ang ginagawa nila doon sa gitna ng kalsada?

Oh well, just a microcosm of Philippine government-facility services!

Let's go inside the terminal next!

Post a Comment

0 Comments