Bantayan Sunset Stroll


Settled at Budyong's nice new Room 8, it was time for my afternoon stroll. Isn't that ironic that I had to take chances for a room with a view, only to leave it for a sightseeing? Ah, whatever, basta ganun yun!

First stop, my first choice (though it had no space for me). I like things in this place, such as this:

This corner table was instantly to become my favorite place for meals or when just daydreaming...
Note that this is Kota Beach Resort, but my Room 8 at Budyong was/is just a few steps to the right.

Fantastic views, including a jolly wait staff (of Kota Beach Resort) constantly sashaying on the sand...

Other than the views, another reason why I like this place is... the delectable well-presented food!
My stroll got a bit delayed, as I had a hard time finishing that! Oh, not in picture: 2 bottles of coke 8oz.

Good anyway, that the sun was already down when I finally was ready to stroll. Why? Aba, mainit!

Did you notice the seabed above isn't level? That is why they have these signages all over the place...

Those signs are mostly for visitors, because, like any coastal area, children here know how to swim!

I did not know... "kantilado" means uneven depths. But when it's high tide, you would not know...

I theorized... at least for the younger people, it will be better to play and swim near local children!
Aside from they know how to swim and/or row a boat, they know where they're going too. Those who are swimming out and those rowing on a boat, were headed to what had been the sandbar at low tide!

Look, for us who don't know... we wouldn't suspect that there's an ankle-deep portion in that water!

So be careful swimming alone especially at night. Walk instead! That's 2 kilometers of white sand!

Back at my Budyong Resort, I realized rooms 6 and 7 actually look like my room 8, only it is newer.
But I didn't return to the resort yet. I just passed-by to continue my evening stroll, this time at center of town! Well, did you know that this area with fantastic photo-ops is actually center of town? Yeah, it is!

Proof? Few steps away are the elementary & national high schools. Plus a more steps nearby is this...
The Sto. Niño Roman Catholic Parish Church in Sta. Fe, Bantayan Island. That is how they call it, and we have to take a good note of that. Why? Because, in front, as in directly across the little street is the

Iglesia Filipina Independiente, Pro-Cathedral of the Holy Child, a.k.a. Parish of the Holy Child!
Yep, they are really directly across each other, and I was wondering if their sound-systems don't clash during Sunday Masses hehehe! Btw, in case you did not know, both churches report to the same pope!

Interesting find!

Eto pa... I remember in my college history subject (PHI =Philippine History & Institutions), T. Agoncillo, author of our textbook (History of the Filipino People), said something like the Philippine Independent Church (PIC, IFI or Aglipayan) is "the only living and tangible result of the Philippine Revolution". Da!

Da, da, da! I now see some of my friends and family getting ready to debate me on that last sentence! Ayaw ko! Si Teodoro Agoncillo sugurin nyo. Or let Padre Damaso explain! Meanwhile, tulog muna ako!

See you tomorrow for another of my stories while in Bantayan...

Post a Comment

0 Comments