Microtel By Wyndham: MOA


I cannot identify (yet) what gives, but this hotel, in a fantastic Manila Bay location, near to fantabulous places, feels like it is just a little bit of a 'lower grade' (to me), than the other Microtels I have stayed at.

Everything in there looks and feels the same. Services offered are just the same. Staff are friendly too. This one even has grander day and night views. Yet, I still prefer UP and Acropolis Branches! I'm not at all saying that I dislike this MOA branch. It is just that, I can't help but compare this one to its 'sisters'!

Anyway, I arrived in the evening straight from MNL Terminal 3, and this was the view from my room!
That is Conrad Manila just across the road, and Seaside Boulevard attractions, bars, restaurants, etc.!

This was a nice cozy stay, I can't say much about it hehe. With a very nice vantage over Manila Bay.
That's why I don't know why I felt the others are better. Maybe their hallways area a bit wider? Hahaha!

This MOA Branch has well-appointed and clean rooms, as is usual with all its member hotels...

And conveniently near to everything one might need (MOA is one of the biggest malls in the world)!

That ubiquitous drinking-water dispenser by their hallways is (of course) also present here!

Mornings here also have wonderfully nice views of the nearby environs...

It's not all Conrad and MOA for a view. I went to see the other side from one of the fire exit doors...
Those would be Solair and Okada areas of the bay. So Microtel is actually in the center of them all.

About that 'river'/'moat' on foreground, I think that's where fast ferries to Cavite depart/arrive from!
From this side of the hotel, you could see the inner establishments of the MOA area. That pink edifice is the church with a very very long name, but many people I know just refer to it as the "MOA Church"!

As you would expect - and hey, I lately learned, this is one aspect of the hotel that not many Pinoys are so excited about - buffet breakfast is also available, but similar to the other microtels - parang kulang!

Hahaha! Sorry na, I am not a breakfast guy. In fact, I already loved this little thing. A mini-"tinapa"?
And I think that fish is the very popular "gg". Galunggong? I love that fish, even when just crispy fried.

After breakfast, bisyo ! And I knew it, designated smoking area is outside, beside the exhaust fans.

Well, being outside, I once caught a good 'morning view' of the hotel's entire building...

The good part, every morning I would just walk along this road to my event venue. Very convenient.

I had to take a pic of this 'notable' alley (Ocean Drive) between the backs of Conrad Hotel and SMX.
That is where most employees of both establishments go to smoke! If you were attending an event at SMX, that's also where you 'puff'. Pwede at that connecting bridge if your venue is at the second floor!

My venue, the SMX Convention Center Manila, at left...

And that is the SM Mall of Asia Arena...

And, because I just walked, every morning I had the chance to visit this church along the way...
Yep, that is the Archdiocesan Shrine of Jesus the Way, the Truth, and the Life a.k.a. the MOA Church!

Of course, during afternoons into early evenings, the Sunset of Manila Bay is still always amazing...
Depending which room you were assigned to, you can see that spectacle direct from Microtel MOA!

What's next? Uli na ta'g Cebu oi!

Post a Comment

0 Comments