Harold's Hotel: Cebu


I was back in Cebu, and you might think I had a fill of 'a nothing to do' day off, right? Wheh! I also really thought I would! However, another raket was waiting, and no I am not complaining, so I went for it. Go!

The activity this time, brought me to Harold's Hotel in Cebu. Not that I do not know where this place is, as I often see it when passing by Gorordo or just along Escario where its signage can already be seen.

But I've never been to this hotel, never even dreamed I will be, so I was excited to try "something new".
Room 705 at Harold's Hotel Cebu
That is how my Room 705 looked. I told my self 'well, for a business hotel, this is respectably good'!

Here's more of the same room... photo album nanaman!
Room 705 at Harold's Hotel Cebu
Room 705 at Harold's Hotel Cebu
bed at Room 705 at Harold's Hotel Cebu
bed at Room 705 of Harold's Hotel Cebu
coffee and tea facilities inside Room 705 at Harold's Hotel Cebu
bar amenities inside Room 705 at Harold's Hotel Cebu
night view from Room 705 at Harold's Hotel Cebu

Toiletries and amenities are complete and still hotel-branded which lately is getting to be uncommon.
amenities of Room 705 at Harold's Hotel Cebu

There's even still a bath tub, which, we know is not anymore a common fixture among newer hotels.
amenities of Room 705 at Harold's Hotel Cebu

Just like what you would normally have at famous (and expensive) luxury hotels.
amenities of Room 705 at Harold's Hotel Cebu

Even the complimentary shoe-shine is still also available in this hotel... but the 'slippers' surprised me!
amenities of Room 705 at Harold's Hotel Cebu
Something's written inside the pack that says it costs P45 a pair if you want them as souvenirs. Aliw!

This writing pad displays their Makati Address. Oh, so this isn't a very new hotel and it has branches!
writing pad and writing desk of Room 705 at Harold's Hotel Cebu
So I checked the web address printed at the bottom, to see their Makati branch. None, QC daw, soon!

I went up to the roof deck for dinner and some chill time. Nice cozy place with a view of the city!
evening view from Highlights Lounge at the roof deck of Harold's Hotel Cebu

Food was great. This was Grilled Norwegian Salmon with my requested cup of rice despite the bread!
Grilled Norwegian Salmon from Highlights Lounge at the roof deck of Harold's Hotel Cebu

Chill and relaxing music care of a good live band (in Cebu, they all are), plus live sports and news TV. 
Highlights Lounge at the roof deck of Harold's Hotel Cebu

There is buffet breakfast at the restaurant beside the lobby. Better than Microtel's here and here!
buffet breakfast  at H-Café of Harold's Hotel Cebu

During the day, views overlooking most of the city are wonderful enough, even from the rooms.
I had fun "analyzing" this hotel's elevator buttons! So I learned that, the roof deck restaurant and bar is called Highlights Lounge open from 5:30PM until 2AM everyday. The restaurant at the lobby is called H-Café. By the way, while buffet breakfast is free for checked-in guests, it is open to the paying public!

So it's a nice cozy place even for casual business meetings with snacks etc all day long.

Oh, I told my self "insik tag-iya ani" hehe! Did you notice the missing 4th floor on the elevator buttons? That is common among Chinese-owned buildings in this country. It stems from a superstition that the number four (4) is bad luck. So they don't use it. Same with thirteen (13) - they also subscribe to that!

Post a Comment

0 Comments