Inang's Sky Garden


We were on the way out of Catbalogan going Tacloban, not in a hurry.., on this "a bit of a gloomy day".

To satisfy my curiosity, as we climbed the Maharlika Highway, going up and out of the city, I asked my 'pilot' to turn left to the diversion road, for us to peek at how Catbalogan looks from this hilly vantage.

And we stumbled upon this restaurant with a view aptly named "Inang's Sky Garden"..,
While this was my first time to be in this 'restaurant with a view', I have seen this on some FB posts of friends, and even family - but all wonderfully at night. So, chance to check the views at mid-afternoon!

How were the views? Well, interestingly clear - compared to the many (night views) that I have already seen online! Would've been a little bit more wonderfully dramatic if I waited for sunset. But I could not.

Oh the waitress (owner?) was waiting for us to tell her our orders! I was not that hungry for food, I was just hungry for the views! But I could not say that, right? She could've shooed us out if I said that hehe!
I received that menu card saying "teka pipili muna kami". As girl returned to her counter, I gave it to the driver, told him to "do the honors Coke la ako"! I knew, driver was reluctant to be the one to order hehe!

He was taking too long to order, and the girl was all eyes at our table (no other customers around)..,
I whispered "pag-order na kay uho naghihinulat hi tisay"! He whispered back "diri pa man kita gutom"!

The girl, probably getting impatient, pointed to the side telling us other things we could also order..,
I whispered again saying "pili na, kay uho nag-iisog na hi tisay"! So he ordered "pansit usa la ngan usa nga Coke 8oz". They talked of other things else, I busied my self taking photos of the city down below!

When I was back at our table, the whispers continued. Driver was telling me, we still had 9 of 10 warm sandwiches we ordered to-go from Tina's (my favorite in Catbalogan). Bakit 9 na lang? Sinampolan ko kasi agad ang isa, as soon as we received them. even if we just had our lunch not long before that! He was asking "sir, ilalabas ko ba yung sandwich galing Tina's"? To which I said "no baka magalit si tisay"!

This was just before 3PM, so we were not really hungry heheh!

Make the long story short, after some while, our pancit arrived, and driver exclaimed with a loud OMG!
I instantly knew what he meant with his "omg", the pansit wasn't just good for one person. Bandejado!

It looked and smelled delectable (but I was really busog pa), and it even came with OMG these..,
All we could do was laugh, and all I could say was 'ginoo ko'! Eh, I think that is one whole loaf of bread!

Hahaha, my driver and I were unanimous: even if we were hungry, for an afternoon 'merienda' that was too many, too much for two mouths! I think their pansit is good for 4 diners per order. Lesson learned!

We had to oblige eating at least a few mouthfuls and had the rest wrapped to-go! We could not force any more food into our throats hahaha! A funny incident.., all because I was curious to see the views!

Oops.., hmm, teka.., where are the views?

Ah, let's do that in my next story. Pramis!

Post a Comment

0 Comments