Langkawi Afternoon Beach Walk


So, we walked from Underwater World Langkawi (UWL) all the way to Holiday Villa Resort. Trip lang! 2 kilometers. Easy, right? Actually not hehe, because we were not in our swimming or walking gears, as we came from a business meeting. We could not dip in the water. It was summer hot. But fun anyway!

Entering the beach area, our walk started at something like this...
Mind you, photo time stamp is 5:23PM, it was still sunny bright and well, humid with no wind blowing!

But we could not do a straight walk on the beach due to many interesting distractions like this!
That guy was adding 'directional signs' to spruce up their resort's aesthetics! Curious, we went in.

This one is a quiet upscale (mas mahal) resort with a small pool (compared to where we stayed)...
I liked it here, but am not saying they're 'better' than Holiday Villa Resort hehe (story coming up next)!

We had snacks (and beer) by the pool side. Crews even told us we could swim as walk-in customers!
But no... we preferred to sit around, enjoying the serenity of the surroundings. There were only 2 other guests in the pool area at that time, while a few more were at the restaurant, few steps away from us.

Nice feel.., cool quiet vibe.., even a romantic place I think.., But the walk must continue hahaha! So we proceeded with our leisurely stroll on the beach.., Holiday Villa is only 3 resorts away from this place.

Emerging from Frangipani's swimming pool, I looked to the right and this was the view...
I love the peace and quiet in this area. Not so many people (tourists or locals), but all amenities you'd expect from a beach area are available, like good resorts, restaurants, water sports, island tours, etc.!

That hill-like promontory, by the way, is where Underwater World Langkawi is located. That's where our walk started. Behind that is the busier and more popular Cenang Beach. I like it there too, sometimes!

Oh, maybe it is now high time for me to say this: if you are a first-timer to Langkawi, you should stay at (or at least visit) Cenang Beach. It is the economic center of this area, with buildings, markets and all!

Anyway, still in front of Frangipani Resort, when I looked to my left, this was the view...
I don't know about you, but the main reason I like this beach is its being almost bare (without so many people). Kumbaga sa Boracay, this would be like Station 1 - I mean in terms of the crowds of tourists!

Ah, speaking of Boracay, the sand in this area is about as fine (when wet) but more compact. Ganito:
However, when the Langkawi sand is dry from the sun's heat, it's like in the first picture above. Malayo pa rin sa beach/sand quality ng mga beaches natin. Kaso, mas maraming turista ang dumadayo dito!

Okay, I already looked to the right and left. Nice beach. But when I looked front, this was the view...
Now I like this one better than Boracay. Doon kasi, patagilid si sunset. Dito, talagang nasa harap mo!

Whatever!

Anyway, here is a "palaisipan" for you my dear readers: that sunset picture above has a time-stamp of 7:03PM. My immediate reaction was "wheh, how can that be, eh the sun is still high up"! So I checked if there was something wrong with my phone by comparing it to my other gadgets. All were the same.

But I reflected on this: if Malaysia and the Philippines are in the same time zone (UTC+8), how come I have never seen the sun still up at 7PM anywhere in the Philippines? Nalibog ko ani oi! Sakit sa ulo!

Thankfully, we are now in the internet age. I did not have to wait to be able to visit a library and spend days looking for an explanation. I just googled things up, and understood why it is so. Lesson learned!

Therefore, tama ang time stamp nung picture na yun. It was already 7:03PM! So, therefore again, yes it is possible to see the sun still up at 7PM in Malaysia (even Singapore). Why so, when we have same times, but ang 7PM natin wala nang araw? Ah, long story, I might as well tell that in another blog entry.

Eto na, umentra ang kasama ko saying: talaga? 7PM na? O tara, dinner na tayo, habang me araw pa!

😵 Ano daw? 😮 Ah, I rested my case...😫 Ang sakit sa bumbunan!

Comments