Phuket To Singapore


Uneventful, but worth a memory, therefore worth a log in my stories! I was probably still too sleepy to start capturing anything when I left HIE at about 8AM - but that's already late for a 10AM international departure. I usually show-up at an airport at least 2 hours before ETD, even on mere domestic flights!

Here.., I remembered not to forget visually documenting my trip at 9:26AM - boarding time na!
boarding at gate 14, Phuket International Airport
The lazy me (only this morning, I assure you) was notably pleased, that Jetstar, even if a budget airline too, uses Phuket's gate aerobridges. Unlike Tiger Air that makes us ride buses to/from their airplanes.

I was star-struck seeing this Emirates flight that just arrived - one of their Boeing 777-300ER planes!
Emirates B777-300ER at Phuket International Airport
I said "wow" for a number of reasons: 1) if it is full, that's another 400+ people visiting Phuket, surely a boost to the already booming tourism on the island; 2) that is another plane-load of mostly Europeans descending on Phuket - they're a big Emirates market, hauled from their countries via flights to Dubai!

3) I was mesmerized, looking at the biggest two-engine aircraft of the world so far, and (Emirates) the airline that has the most number of this type of aircraft; 4) I said "pupusta ako - there must be at least one Pinoy now on that plane" - sa dami ba naman ng Pinoy cabin crew ng Emirates, surely meron yan!

About to enter my Jetstar airplane, I noticed that 'oddly-colored' plane about to take off! Avocado?
S7 Aircraft at Phuket International Airport
I readily noticed the airline name on its tail - S7. Yes, weirdly (or should we say, conveniently?) S7 is its official airline name and also its IATA airline code! That's simplier to remember - kesa sa PR for PAL or Philippine Airlines, or SQ for SIA or Singapore Airlines or 5J for CEB or Cebu Pacific. Too complicated!

That one is simply S7 Airline. Period hehe! It is a Russian airline, previously Siberian Airlines, actually, so it is not really new. It's now the biggest privately-owned Russian airline flying over Asia and Europe.

As if an explanation of the crowd I saw last night at Andaman Embrace 'no? That airline having direct flights to Phuket only shows, that a lot of Russians love Phuket. Hmm, kelan kaya sila dadagsa sa'tin?

Which reminds me, btw, I think I failed to mention that, on Bangla Road, there are also Russian Bars, Russian Discos, whatever. And there are also many Russian girls and boys out on the same street to entice you to their White Room, Dark Room, Russian Strip Club, etc. - ah eh, di ko alam ano ang mga nangyayari doon sa loob ng mga yun ha?! I haven't been into any one of them, pramis! Baka masaya?!

FYI, many of them, maayos magdamit, yung mahaba ang laylayan hahaha! Basta, hindi mga mukhang pu**. AND, meron isa marunong ng konting Tagalog ha! Sya nagsabi sakin me anim daw na mga taga-barko ang nasa loob nung oras na dumaan ako! "Your Chief Mate is inside, come now"! Yun ang sabi!

Hah, okay, tama na ang kwentong Bangla, at baka kung sino pang seaman ang mabanggit ko. Oops!

At 9:57AM, Jetstar already pushed back from the gate, for our 10AM departure schedule. Magaling!
after pushback from gate 14 of Phuket International Airport

Well, this was a 10:03AM take-off. But departure times are measured at time of pushback (I think).

Make the long story short.., at 11:29AM, we were about to land in Singapore. How'd I know? Click this!
approaching singapore's Changi Airport

And I saw those golf courses again.., like at 1:30 of this video I took sometime ago, also on Jetstar!
Aerial view of NSRCC - National Service Resorts and Country Club while landing at Changi Airport

12:31NN, touchdown at Singapore's Changi Airport (again?)! Yes, again hehehe!
This time though, I was not on a quick Transit at Changi Airport. I needed to 'land' and stay overnight in the city for some exciting, crazy, dramatic meetings, meetups and eyeballs with clients and fans!

So I had to rush out of the airport quickly, as some friends were waiting.

But I still had the presence of mind to even take a picture while waiting to transfer trains!
Singapore Tanah Merah MRT Station

Arrived at our venue on Orchard Road, syempre dami Pinoy pwede pakiusapan ng "pictyuran mo ako"!

This is where I stayed overnight. You guessed it, another HIE. But let's talk about it tomorrow na!
outside of Holiday Inn Express Singapore Orchard Road
I didn't expect this was going to be a hectic afternoon-'til-night series of quick meetings. Pero masaya!

Okay sige, tomorrow... uwi na talaga ako.., to Cebu, straight to Tacloban pa!

Comments