Phuket Dinner Amid Pinoy Music


I can call this an interesting double surprise dinner - 1] I had a dinner mate (yes me kasama ako bigla); 2] there was Pinoy music (well, Pinoy musicians) indirectly serenading me during my 'al fresco' dinner!

How did that happen? Here's the story..,

Just as I was about to go down to find 'dinner anywhere', HIE frontdesk staff called to inform me that somebody was waiting for me at the lobby. Kinabahan ako ng konti dun ha? Si Insik Wakanga pala (na hindi Chinese national)! One of my tourmates during the daytour kanina, remember? Yes, yung nagpa-uto dun sa elephant safari extortion! He was staying at Hotel Indigo, just on the other corner from HIE!

So ayun, for the first time in ages, I went to dinner 'not alone' hahaha!

We both have tried the Loma Market food stalls, so we opted for any open-air restaurant on the road (Hatpatong) between our hotels. We found a Chinese restaurant at the ground level of Aspery Hotel.

Nothing astounding, but sure enough I/we liked what we ordered. Chinese Restaurant eh!

This pork-something-something was honourable mention for me. Masarap, hindi maalat ang sauce!

Entertainment as we ate was this stray cat that elected to hang around at the plant boxes beside me.
It somehow felt like I was at Emerald Avenue! The difference was, this cat wasn't making any sound. It just sat there occassionally glancing at us, probably hoping we'd toss a morsel or two! But, we did not.

Our 'dinner background music' was courtesy of live singers across the road, at the Chess Park of The Andaman Embrace Patong Hotel. They convert their chess park into a watering hole in the evenings!

The other surprise:
We were just saying that those were good singers, belting out memorable 'standard songs', when as if queued to catch my attention, they started singing "Anak"! All I proudly said was "they must be Pinoy"!

Needless to say, after dinner, we crossed to the chess park, to have beer and listen to their music!

We found the 'live band' is a singing Pinoy instrumentalist and a Pinay singer, yet they sounded good!

We also realized most of the clientele here are from Eastern Europe. Maybe Andaman is their favorite!

And they like listening to Freddie Aguilar's "Anak" - even if in the Tagalog version!
And OMG, sinasayawan nila ang kantang 'yan! As in, other than the time I heard it being sang while we were still having dinner at Aspery Hotel, I think the same song was requested two or three more times while we were already in this park. Nakaka-aliw! I silently said.., "sige, bira! walang basagan ng trip"!

I'll post a video on that soon, below! For now, go ponder.., paano ba sumayaw sa saliw ng "Anak"!

Comments