Davao to Cebu to Singapore

Back to Singapore after just 4 days! Connecting trips again - Davao to Cebu to Singapore!

Not that I did not know there are direct flights from Davao to Singapore. I do. But my circumstances at the time of booking, necessitated that I go back to Cebu, then fly to wherever from there. One example would be: alangan naman dalhin ko pa sa Singapore yung mga sinuot ko sa kasal, di ba? Extra weight!

So, after the early-morning garden wedding ceremonies, while fun games and some dancing were still on, when breakfast was not yet served, I had to covertly say goodbyes, to make my way to the airport!
No worries though. There is always something I will like inside a Mabuhay Lounge, like cassava cake!

Oops, nahurot na diay ang cassava cake! But this guy already prepared a bowl of Arroz Caldo for me..,
That's what I like with the Davao Mabuhay Lounge.., when there are not so many people, their service staff would normally ask you what you want, and they get them for you - including heating the breads!

This flight used an Airbus A320 Series 200 - the ones with retractable TVs on the ceiling..,
I like watching them, even if used only for announcements. I wish all planes will have that kind of TV.

Uneventful flight :) nothing to see, nothing to say! But I got this video clip:


Immediately after arrival, I proceeded to Waterfront Mactan airport Hotel for my lunch meeting..,
That's not our table hehe. Tatlo lang kaming nag-meeting. Naaliw lang ako dyan kaya piniktyuran ko!

Lunch! Buffets here are always good - whether it be breakfast, lunch or dinner - not for the pa-cute!
Fish Fried Rice (fried rice with tinapa), Vegetables, Squid, Chicken, Prok, Beef, Boneless Lechon, etc.

I like cold cuts (at right), I'm not a fan of salads (center), naaliw ako sa dami ng puting bowl (left)!

I went near them.., okay ang arrangement eh.., parang mga banka..,

Mama Mia Mana Mia! Condiments para sa salad! Ang dami, iba-ibang klase!

Anyway, I soon re-entered the airport for my flight to Singapore leaving at 4:55PM
Syempre pa, agi na pud ta ni Inday Beauty with her useless scanner. Hah, unless someone can tell me who collects our personal information in that computer, and what for.., I will alway say, it is not only a useless bottleneck, it is even probably dangerous since our data are being captured by mere guards!

My Philippines Air Asia Flight Z2-7236 departed on time. As usual, I had beef tapa paired with a can of Coke (only). A nice evening meal, would've been nicer paired with beer, right? But 'no can do' this time.

Oh, maybe it is time I tell you about this little self-restraint I sometimes do during my travels. Nothing scientific nor religious nor superstitious! It is more of just 'practical'. What is the act? I don't drink beer (I "avoid" is more precise) or any alcoholic drimk when flying into a country other than the Philippines.

"When flying into" lang, pero kung nasa loob na ako, or flying domestic (example BKK to HKT), why not coconut?! Why is that? I just do not want to have problems with immigrations due to alcoholic drinks.

Did you know youo can be deported by any immigration in the world, just because of "alcoholic drinks or beverages"? Yes, they can if they think you are "intoxicated" - ibig sabihin lasing, hubog! But what is a measure for 'drunk'? That's subjective, so if you think you're not drunk, but they think you are, talo ka.

That can happen in many ways. For example you argue about something. Kahit nasa tama ka, if they think me tama ka na, sila pa rin ang masusunod, deport ka! Eh kung sa 'Pinas, saan ka pa i-de-deport?

I have witnessed many such cases. That's why I avoid beer when arriving into other countries. I think it is also a matter of courtesy. Imagine: who's happy when you arrive at your home drunk? Bahay mo na yun ha? Walang natutuwa kung lasing na dumating ka. How much more immigration ng ibang bansa?!

Ganun lang yun!

Anyway, so I arrived in Singapore, thankful it was only 830PM, me train pa! But why did I end up here?
I came out of the Bras Basah MRT Station to the left, so I clicked this picture, then walked to YMCA.

YMCA@OneOrchard, that's the topic in my next story!

Post a Comment

0 Comments