Sabin Resort Hotel Overnight

Let me start this blog entry with the word "finally"! That means, I finally got to stay overnight (again) at Sabin Resort Hotel, where I had time to take photos, and time to tell my story as I do so here and now!

I am not sure I have seen this big signage in my past visits.., have I already? Ah, maybe this is new!
big signage of Sabin Resort Hotel along the highway
That is by the side of the highway, right side if you're going south to Albuera, Baybay etc., although the gate to the resort itself is still some 100 meters from this area, on a public little street that turns left.

This is the "gate". And that announcement / advisory actually surprised me, this being a good hotel..,
Ah, that "bringing of food and drinks" dadada is an outdated autocratic commandment of yesteryears many a 5-star hotel would rather keep mum about - since they're selling rooms not "Chippy" or "Coke"!

The argument is that: accommodation facilities try their best to be THE "home-away-from-home". But if you can buy "Chippy", "Coke" or "SanMigLight" from 7-Eleven and bring it to your home, why would it be not allowed to be brought into your room in a "home-away-from-home"? That's choice deprivation!

I think there had already been a court case regarding that matter, but abroad. Not in Philippines (yet)!

Of course iba na yung magpapasok ka ng isang buong litson or magpa-cater ka pa just for your meals inside a hotel room hahaha! That's why I cannot entirely fault that 'outdated rule' because.., kayo kasi mga Pinoy (lalo na mga ina nyo - ay, natin pala), magche-check-in sa Presidential Suite, tapos bibili ng lunch sa sidewalk, pag nasira ang tiyan sasabihin "it must have been your tea, yun lang inorder ko eh"!

Haruy! Anyway..,

In modern "consumer psychology", putting up prohibitions and other "limiting rules" at the entrance of a business entity is considered disadvantageous as it creates a negative perception on your business. Did you know? Many corporations nowadays even remove the "NO ID NO ENTRY" signs of the guards? They are still rules that are enforced, but "antagonistic announcements" are better said elsewhere, not at an entrance. Do it via other forms of communication - for the good vibes - says My Royal Highness!

Alright. As you may have seen other parts of this hotel/resort from here or here, let's see my room!
bedroom of Sabin Resort Hotel
Whoa! Inviting! Wooden floor, no carpets or rugs - my personal preference - therefore, winner na agad!
bedroom at Sabin Resort Hotel
bedroom at Sabin Resort Hotel
bedroom at Sabin Resort Hotel
bedroom at Sabin Resort Hotel
bedroom at Sabin Resort Hotel
bedroom at Sabin Resort Hotel
Item 1: as discussed above - "wheh"!! Item 2: how can they charge a corkage fee eh "UNNOTICED" nga eh! The intention of that rule is "blackmail" - to force you to buy food at their restaurant. Item 4: OMG I am lost! I can't English my self. Please don't English me I'm not school! Balit, an laso tag singkwenta? As for Item 3: two thumbs up and applause! I myself do not also like "soirees" inside hotel BEDrooms!

Hey, I'm just laughing those "rules" off since none of them apply to me. I don't even like "room service" as the smell of food in a bedroom does not fit well with me. Although I know many of you my readers who are 'chichirya addict' travelers. I'm telling you now, so you can sort your Ormoc-itinerary options!

Here are some afternoon shots I got after we checked-in..,
swimming pool at Sabin Resort Hotel
swimming pool at Sabin Resort Hotel

Oh, the sunset? You probably have read my stories here and here. Or even the video I took last time!

Okay, so I don't like room service and I like Mario's - yep, the big restaurant at north end of the pool..,
This was our dinner. Tasted good enough for me (esp that beef thing - even if too dark), but the driver had something to say to which I fully agree (naunahan lang ako)! His comment: "baga hin ha balay la"!

"Parang sa bahay lang" - "just like at home" - but he did not at all mean that to be a compliment! It was his observation at the way those two dishes appeared on our table. Too plain and quite unremarkable.

For a restaurant this good-looking (sosyal ba), and not cheap by the way, these two dishes could have been plated, garnished and/or presented (served) in a better way, right? If you look at them, parang sa bahay nga lang, except for the use of larger flatware! Visuals also affect the taste of food, baya, diba?!

Those observations of my driver, to which I said I concur, are/were not without basis. Why? Because we dine at Sabin's restaurant in Tacloban, and we have seen how good they could be in this field. Plus, did you know that the Sabin business is also one of the most sought-after event caterers in Tacloban?

Anyway, as I did before, I enjoyed the night sky at the grounds, just in front of Mario's restaurant..,

And we even went night-swimming at the pool that has quite a following of night-time waders!
A lifeguard told me, many of those swimming were Ormoc regulars, what they call - the "gluta people"! Ang mga hadlok sa adlaw! No wonder, the 'major' twang I could hear was a mix of Bisaya and English!

The morning after.., still at the same resort.., but in a "different light" (puro na lang tayo sunset) eh!

I always like that wash of early morning sun shining on the insides of a house or building..,

The pool and poolside area looks and feels refreshingly different in the early morning..,
swimming pool at Sabin Resort Hotel
swimming pool at Sabin Resort Hotel
swimming pool at Sabin Resort Hotel
swimming pool at Sabin Resort Hotel
This is the southern end of the swimming pool. Most of my pictures in the previous articles have been over at that opposite end, near Mario's Restaurant. I realized just now, this side also has superb views!

The promenade (the resort calls this "beachfront") has a nice view of, I think that is, Merida..,
I just noticed, if this was not the middle of summer, that grass lawn would be wonderfully green, 'no?

I walked to the left edge of that promenade (also the edge of Sabin Resort), and this is what I saw..,
There is a real sandy beach on the other side. I think it is also a resort! Obviously not as luxurious nor grand a scale as Sabin's, but a seaside resort just the same - in fact, with a sandy shore - unlike Sabin!

That concrete fence where the man stands is the property line of Sabin. Hmm, children.., ang batas!

Anyway, I walked the length of the wonderful promenade, to the northern end of Sabin Resort, and..,
Now that I've done so, I can't judge if this place is most magnificent in the morning or during sunset!
Maybe I should just probably declare, that this is a fantastic place any time of day, since indeed it is!

Alright, back to the other end of this hundred-meter-long property. I didn't know there were these..,
The staff I asked told me the rooms are called "cottages". These are apart from the big hotel building.

Oh wow! And I even saw some kind of an aviary or mini-zoo at structures behind those cottages. But I didn't take pics as I wasn't sure if those are/were an owner's private collection (not for public display).

Speaking of "collection".., when I walked towards the lobby, I saw this display of great talent!

Yan ang worth a collection! I'm not good at artsy things, but I'd happily have 3 or 4 of them haha!
Unfortunately, most of the painting descriptions were already marked "Sold", and those that remained were either not my type or not in my pocket's league! Happy though to have noted the artists' names!

Overall, I still like this place (because there are not many choices in Ormoc).

So let's go somewhere else in my next story!

Post a Comment

0 Comments