La Vigia Restaurant, Ormoc

I was out of Sabin Resort Hotel for a quick pass-by at Albuera. Just about 400 meters on the highway, I saw this signage that intrigued me due to how it was made (artsy) and its Hispanic-sounding name..,
signage on the highway to La Vigia Restaurant & Resort, Ormoc City
That's a corner by the side of a gas station, and the restaurant is still some 400 meters going seaside. And, if I remember my Spanish 3 correctly, "Vigia" is some kind of a "lookout" though not necessarily a lighthouse (which is "faro" in Spanish), tama? Vigia in Cebuano is probably, "bantayan sa hari", I think!

Maybe there was something like that in the past. But this time I did not see anything high or elevated.

I saw this nice-looking property (I like the white-painted era-style fence) and I thought this was it!
But no it is not La Vigia! A private residence? Oh wow, I like it! But the driver already proceed onwards.

Just a few meters on, I could already see more signage pointing to La Vigia Restaurant..,
This neighborhood is interesting - big old houses, not too close to each other, on the way to a beach!

Easy to find La Vigia.., the road signs are clear! So we turned right at this corner..,
signage on the road to La Vigia Restaurant & Resort, Ormoc City

As expected, at past 7AM, the restaurant was still closed. But I just wanted a peep and I was allowed!
La Vigia Restaurant & Resort, Ormoc City
This Manong told me there are more tables all the way out to the water's edge. I immediately believed so, since I could even see part of it, even by just standing in this garden (they were busy cleaning up)!

This pool and the surrounding gardens look dainty. Ideal for special gatherings or celebrations..,
swimming pool at La Vigia Restaurant & Resort, Ormoc City
Hmm, it looked like the manong was reading my mind, because what he told me next was... that this is a popular venue for milestone events. And, that they even have room accommodations. Oh, a resort!

So folks, the signage outside is outdated. They're also an event venue with room accommodations!
La Vigia Restaurant & Resort, Ormoc City
That cutesy wall with a mirror is.., "wala lang"! Just a wall along the trellis-canopied walkway form/to the entrance (at left edge of photo). Oh if you look closely, there are three ducks on that wooden desk!

Nice "ducky" statement La Vigia!

Napakanta ako!
Sabat kon maaram ka... "𝅘𝅥𝅯 may tutulo nga kapatohan, may magasa, may mataba nagdadadlagan...𝆔"!

Hehehe hahaha hihihi!

I should visit back.., soonest!

Post a Comment

0 Comments