Good Morning Baybay City

I did not care if Palermo Hotel has no food, this was an easy choice, Andoks!

We checked-out early and immediately started to find our way to Andok's for breakfast...
national highway baybay city
It's a tricky route to Andoks from Palermo by the way. Instead of just going straight on this road all the way to the water's edge (the Bayview/Baywalk area), we needed to turn left at that corner which is the national highway, pass by city hall, BPI, their legislative building, Jollibee and onwards to the seaport.

At the park just before the city hall, I saw this man sleeping on the sidewalk where joggers pass...
I told a traffic officer about it (thinking he might be a drunk dude) but the officer said "ah okay ra na sir, homeless mentally ill na pero non-violent" - wow ha, mixed Bisaya and English! What is that BisLish?

Part of me was thinking how could that be "okay ra na", it's a human being sleeping on the pavement? But the better part of me also know, there is no facility in this place to tend to such cases. Does WLPH even have a psychiatric ward? Yes, Western Leyte Provincial Hospital - 3 blocks away from this corner.

Oh well, I tried to "eject" the scene from my otherwise happy morning disposition since I already know our dear government's reality. I have tried bringing similar matters up to their attention sometime ago, and the reply was (an insinuated) "what can we do" or even "there's really nothing we can do about it".

Anyway.., we arrived at Andok's and immediately looked up at the board for their breakfast menu...
In a matter of a minute, driver and I, with sad faces (hehehe), were conferring on where to go instead.


Why? Ah well, just take a look at this... and the crew said 'they don't have bangus yet! Whatda!
My driver seemed irked saying "alangan mag-order kami ng crispy pata alasyete ng umaga"! hahaha!

I am not really a fan of breakfasts, I could just be fine without one, though if there is, I dive in. But the reason I like breakfasts at this Andok's branch is because it's located at the bayview area. Nice views. Plus, we were on our way to Canigao, I didn't know if I can grab food there if I got hungry before lunch.

So we roamed a bit, looking for breakfast. What a chance, I liked seeing many old houses like this...
This made me silently promise my self, that I'll be back in this city to take pics of beautiful old houses.

But after a while of negotiating one-way, busy or desolate streets, we ended up here...
Sa hinaba-haba ng prosisyon, sa bubuyog din ang bagsak - just 2 blocks from Andok's yata. Ay hehe! But I was not complaining. In fact I enjoyed the joyride. I love mornings. Plus, I like corned-beef-silog!

And I'm starting to like breakfasts at the bee with drivers. The silog comes with a choice of free drink (coffee, juice, soda or hotchoc); the silog is usually not enough for a driver (so we usually get two, but I get his free drink)! Look, we both got corned beef, mine with hot-choc, his with coffee. But driver got another set coming (#49, longsilog yata). The free drink for that is mine. Coke! Ayan sa gitna! Masaya!

After the silog and hotchoc, I went out to smoke with that coke. I saw this old house...
An old house occupying a whole block (corner to corner). But something (red arrow) got me amused.

It's a "lechon manok" joint, it was already grilling even at 8AM, and it had a fantastic name...
Yes Ernesto, ikaw ang naalala ko hahaha! I did not know you also proliferate in the Visayas! Exciting!

Wasn't this such a happy morning?!

Post a Comment

0 Comments