Baybay to Matalom Joyride

Another morning-joyride and I loved it! Excited - on the way to Canigao Island!

Just a short run actually. Almost, but not even an hour (about 50 kilometers) from Baybay City on the way southwards to Matalom, passing by Inopacan, Hindang, Hilongos and Bato. These towns are on the south-western corridor of Leyte. Good roads and nice morning sceneries on a bright summer day!

Entering Inopacan, I marveled at beautiful old houses. Just like in Baybay, there are a lot here too!
an old wooden house in Inopacan Leyte
Note: that house was not even the most wonderful I saw. It was just what I was able to capture since the car was whizzing thru. Driver won't slow down as we wanted to catch the earliest boat to Canigao!

I had to take a photo of this corner. It now is my landmark for future visits...
intersection of the national road and the way to Inopacan Municipal Hall
This is where I should turn right going to the municipal hall - I could see it at the end of that road. That means their munisipyo (or other public areas or buildings?) must be sitting by the sea or at least near. The church is after that parochial school. Between (behind) the electric post and that coconut tree!

Look, here it is anyway, just along the national highway!
San Isidro Labrador Parish Church, Inopacan Leyte
Not too happy with this picture. Car was moving fast. But at least I saw it has green grassy frontage!

There are even more beautiful old houses in the vicinity of this church. But I couldn't take a picture of those since we were zooming through! And here is a funny thing - I thought we were still in the center of Inopacan when I saw big letters at a bank that said Hindang (the next town). So I asked the driver if indeed we were already at Hindang that quickly. Good that he educated me, that what I saw was the "Bank of Hindang, Inopacan Branch"! Just as I thought! We cannot always trust what we see in a flash!

Another thing I saw that I wasn't able to take a picture of... there's a "porta coeli" outside of Inopacan approaching Hindang. Not very common to see or hear that phrase in this country though they have it anyway. Pronounced "por-ta che-li" (Latin? Italian? Spanish?) I think it means gate to heaven. In short sa madaling sabi 'mimintiryu' duu! Haha, ang sosy pakinggan, eh "campo santo" lang pala! Cemetery!

Oh, when we entered Hindang via a curved bridge, I read that it was named "Bulacan Bridge" hehehe! I joked that after a few bends we should be entering Marilao, then Valenzuela, then Novaliches! Ah, that is because the barangay's name is "Bulacan". Well, before that is Barangay Bontoc. Oh how creative!

At Hindang's town center, I anticipated and saw this old but refurbished old house again...
old wooden house in Hindang Leyte
I mean the roof (at least) has been spruced up. But everything below is still its nice old grand vintage.

This one too looks grand to me. Old yes, but reminiscent of its yesteryears' glory...
old wooden house in Hindang Leyte
I don't know why I have such fascination with old wooden houses. They're like antique furniture to me!

But of course I also and still love seeing the wide green and sometimes golden plains...
They are so refreshing to my eyes. I always uncontrollably take deep happy breaths when I see them!

Hey by the way, that kilometer marker says 4km to HIL. Three letters instead of the usual just one. An exception as we said in a long-ago topic. Because the next town is HILongos, and this is in HINdang.

This one was also captivating, I wanted to stop and watch them for a longer time, but can't...
This scene reminds me of a famous painting series about "harvest time" by Fernando Amorsolo!

Well, this one was a nice rural scene too, though of the 21st century reality hehe!
They were probably going to the beach too, and those girls must be enjoying their joy ride!

And then we arrived at Matalom town center...
Matalom Leyte town center
But I have already described this place on a visit last July, right? Turn right for the pier going Canigao!

Alright, let's go to Canigao Island, next!

Post a Comment

0 Comments