The Day Before Paraw Regatta: Noontime

As said in the previous story, I strayed away from the beach volleyball tournament because there were already many things on the beach that were invitingly worth my attention! My soles itched to wander!

Like these "model boats" at a nearby stall mismo on the beach! I really wanted to buy one, but...
The smallest model boats, even if sails are removed or flattened (yes they're detachable), are still too bulky to fit in my weekend pack, thus cumbersome to hand-carry but too fragile to check-in on a flight.

Still in the same stall of the same manong, there are also animal figurines like this horse...
It is a wood carving but painted bronze. Good workmanship, but, even bulkier than the model boats. :(

Just curious and looking at the many things on sale, I saw things like these... Talaba on the road!
Am not really an oyster fan, but I do eat a piece or two from time to time. So, piktyur-piktyur lang hehe!

I was amazed that all of a sudden there were so many stalls selling Talaba!
I know there are already a lot of the said seafood to be found on this strip of beach during non-festival days. But today, the number of vendors (and of course Talaba) seem to have tripled, even quadrupled!

And I did not notice I have been walking quite a distance, until I saw the signs here...
I've been here before, this place is good, so I went in for some snacks or at least just a bottle of coke.

Alas, the views were too invitingly good...

So I decided to sit around for a respite from the sun's heat...

And one of the fantastic views I saw was this unique "happening"..,

But waiters kept glancing to check if I needed anything, so I decided to have this...

It was only elevenish, but the aroma of some things kept wafting to my nostrils, so I asked for them

And oh eh... the waiter asked if I wanted rice with them, so I obliged! Masunurin akong bata!
Thus, I had an impromptu lunch instead of what should have been just morning snacks. Burp!

That was, even if I knew I was "head-counted" for the 'catered lunch' my friends ordered as they were busy watching the tournament. "Catered lunch" daw eh delivery lang yun from some fastfood hehehe!

But, mind you, I returned to them, and still ate the delivered lunch with them! Shhh, don't tell them!

Pardon the unsightly twist, but I need to mention that Breakthrough Restaurant needs to improve this
Ganda ng interiors ng restaurant, sarap ng pagkain, ganda ng views, tapos ang toilet eh... as in, yuck!

Anyway, I already said above, After Breakthrough Restaurant, I returned to the tournament haha!

Comments