The Day Before Paraw Regatta: Afternoon

Let's continue my Villa Beach stories on the day before the Paraw Regatta...

After the beach volleyball tournament, friends and I walked by the beach. Shhh, I pretended I haven't done so yet, even if I have been walking the length of this beach as early as even before sunrise. Yes, before 6AM kanina. Remember? But I wasn't complaining. New things to see were up every moment!

Like this kid who rose up to the occasion by playing with (floating) his mini-sailboat!
It is just a toy yes, but it sails on the water fast enough for him to have a hard time chasing it hehe!

Here's an opportune moment. I luckily saw how they launched this boat unto the water until it sailed!
It's not everyday that we see something like this. A real-hard muscle-work to launch that boat to sea!

Look! Boat will be pushed to slide on bamboo poles (red arrows) towards the water (yellow arrow)

Until it reaches the water's edge where the rudder (right edge of pic) is attached...

Then they raise the main sail (the bigger one, with artwork)... and get ready to sail!
It took them about 12 minutes, and it required a lot of real muscle power to push, pull, tug that boat!

I shot video clips on that grueling but fun to watch activity...


Anyway, on with our stroll, the sun was about to set, and here's a stage seemingly ready for an event!
Hmm, must be some beauty pageant or the likes of it! Oh, I saw this stage being set-up this morning!

We even happened upon these skimboarding dudes being cheered by the younger kids!

Well, those little ones are probably not just cheering but actually indirectly starting to learn!

This one (Sand Skimming?) is different from what they do in Palo as there are no waves here..

Just the same, I saw a lot of plunges, slips, skids, and tumbles hehe. Aba, surely masakit din yan ha!
I am guessing, a fall here (on thinner water) is probably more painful than in Palo (Wave Skimming?)

I also got some video clips on these skimboarders..,


Alright, moving on, still along the beach, we saw crews already stitching-in their contest identities...

This one will be competing under Category A - whatever that means hehehe
I think there are 3 categories, since I saw the letters A, B, and C. Not sure, there may be a Category D.

Here's the stage as of 5:27PM! They're putting up the backdrop...

And the... ah whatever this is called. For lack of a better word, I say this is THE "photo-op area" hehe
This thing looks better at sundown. I took a photo during my early morning walk kanina, remember?

Ah, I'm not yet done! Sunset, and I saw other things more. But let's do that as my last story for the day!

Post a Comment

0 Comments