Christmas Rush

What is your Christmas Rush? Last minute 'buy-this-buy-that'? For many years, that was how I would describe my "Christmas Rush". Lately though, it's been different. I hope this is a sign of progress hehe!

It was already 24DEC, and I was still in Tacloban due to important work-related commitments. But I earlier booked myself a flight home (to Cebu). Good they have noontime flights, and on big Airbuses. This happens (to Cebu Pacific and Philippine Airlines) only during Christmas and summer holidays.

First off, this is how I exited my Tacloban 'residence' going to the airport:

As many visitors to Region VIII would say, Eastern Visayas only has two seasons: Wet and Very Wet! Today, was somewhere between those two haha! But, all day yesterday until last night was very wet.

Anyway, my flight today was on the "yellow plane" - and probably a Christmas Gift from above.
Why? Because the plane was either new or newly-cleaned. Why does it matter? Well, this was one rare instance where my camera (phone) had a wonderfully clear and crisp view of the outside - the window on my 'emergency exit' seat did not have too many scratches! I even said "this must be some miracle"!

Did you know? The overwing emergency exit window of an Airbus A320/A319 has the most scratches among this type of airplane's windows. That is probably because these windows are detachable from the fuselage - ito yung itatapon mo palabas during emergencies na naka-drawing sa safety instruction cards - so that during maintenance checks, when these are removed, maintenance folks probably just put these on the ground without care. Well, who knows, baka iniitsa talaga nila ang mga yan, to check!

The blues of the sky and the sea, made beautiful by the whites and grays of the clouds...
aerial view of Olango Island
After many take-offs and landings, this has so far been my clearest view of Olango Island from above!

I also got a clearer view of the island hopping destinations off Mactan...
aerial view of Cawhagan, Cabul-an, Nalusuan and Gilutongan Islands off Mactan
The dark strip out on the horizon and those little islands at upper left of picture are all parts of Bohol.

And finally the city... I can see the tower of SM Seaside!
aerial view of Cebu City during landing

Foreground is part of Cordova (Kalawisan). White boat in the middle is Delta Philippine Dream 😁
aerial view of Cebu City and parts of Codova during landing

Basak Lapu-lapu City, wala lagi trapik! Aw kay udto! Right edge of photo is end of Runway 22...


Touchdown Mactan Cebu International Airport!
view from the runway of Mactan Cebu International Airport
Look, that magnified area is the construction of Terminal 2. Yup it has started, hope it finishes soon!

Big simple parol at the baggage claim area. Ahh, Merry Christmas Sugbu!
arrival area luggage carousel at Mactan Cebu Domestic Airport
As early as this part of the conveyor area, I could already see a Christmas Tree that fascinated me!

This cute little Christmas Tree at the exit door:


Oh well, Merry Christmas!

Post a Comment

0 Comments