Anzani Dinner

My REAL "Christmas Eve Dinner", if we might call it that! And alone - if I really have to emphasize that! That's because, this happened on a December 24. And Anzani is one of the, if not THE, best in Cebu!

The story goes something like this...
I was already checked-in at the Marco Polo and ready for a "Christmas Eve Dinner" commonly called "Noche Buena". But as you may already know, in the Philippines, it happens at or near midnight for the diners to meet (salubong) Christmas Day, the 25th, right? And you dress up for it, right? Yes, exciting!

In the case of our Noche Buena, it was to start at 11PM, with a Holy Mass as usual.

The issue is/was: my stomach (and lowly brain actually), has all these years been used to 'consider' a dinner to be about 7PM - sometimes early at 6PM, sometimes even as late as 8PM. But not midnight!

So, about 6:30PM, the bio-clock prevailed... I was hungry! But this time I was "choosy". I didn't want to eat at Marco Polo, I didn't want to go far, I didn't want things heavy to ruin my Noche Buena appetite!

And aha! I remembered I brought two special friends to Anzani sometime ago, and they liked it! Just a few steps diagonally across Marco Polo, right? So I merrily walked to it for my "Christmas Eve Dinner"!

The dinner menu is new (to me at least, since I don't come here often)! It comes in/as a "tablet"!
collage of shots of the Anzani Menu in a tablet
Pa-tap-tap, swipe-swipe, pinch-pinch ka lang to choose and see the dishes! Sosyanlin 'no?! Anzani eh! Mind you, and warning my dears, Anzani is the best yes, but righfully also the most expensive in Cebu.

This is uniquely Anzani (and in fact my favorite part)... the breads...
in-house made bread at Anzani Cebu
Yes yes, bread yan - na nasa baso o garapon ba yan? Hahaha, pasensya, when it comes to food, I only know one thing, EAT! And those three different dips are for the bread. Don't ask me what they are for I don't know. I just like them! Especially the dark thing which I think is vinaigrette. Did I spell that right?!

I think I said this before: Those breads, different kinds, immediately come to you in a basket for you to have a headache deciding on which ones to choose! There's dark or light, me malambot, me matigas, there's rye, wheat, bilog, oblong, sliced or whole and whatever whatevers hehehe! All fresh and warm!

Don't fret too much though, since when you've finished one, you can ask for more. I cannot memorize their names as they're not listed on the menu. Because they are all made in-house AND on the house!

Eto pa, this thing also came 'without notice' hehe. Maybe because it was Christmas...
Waitress said it's something bla bla blah bread, but da probinsyano me thinks its cake! Ah basta, lami!

I said I wanted something light, right? So I chose fish, para by midnight gutom na ulit!
oven baked grouper (lapu-lapu) at Anzani Cebu
At least I made the waitress laugh when I told her "kani ako, lapu-lapu 'day" (stress on last 2 syllables)!

On arrival at my table, the aroma was delectably good. I just took these two pics and chowed it down.
oven baked grouper (lapu-lapu) at Anzani Cebu
Good that I looked at this last picture just now that I am about to post this story. Nalu-oy 'tawn ko sa isda hehehe! It has some kind of a sorrowful expression as if pleading "do you really want to eat me"!

Oh well, with my SanMigLight it went very well!

Post a Comment

0 Comments