Dinner at Yu Huan Catarman

I asked the GV Hotel front staff where would be a good restaurant. The immediate reply was Yu Huan (I thought it was Yohan) which they said was just a walk away, turning right at the corner. So we walked and easily found it as it is the only place to eat in this area.
evening street view of Yu Huan Seafood Palace in Catarman Northern Samar
From the name alone, obviously this is a Chinese restaurant, there is even a Chinese character on the sign board. The complete name is "Yu Huan Seafood Palace". My eyes lilted and my stomach grumbled at reading those two words "seafood palace". Naglaway!

I did wonder why there were no other diners in a "seafood palace". Well, probably because it was a Thursday. Anyway, like all Chinese restaurants, the servings per menu order in this place is good for a battalion, so we asked if we can have just enough for 2 people.

Okay daw.

They have lapu-lapu! Waitress said one piece is good enough for two. We asked for one to be fried, no sauce nor whatever trimmings. Waitress said they also have prawns, so we asked for one order, also fried. Plus, a platter of fried rice and two bottles of coke. Larga!

They turned out to be like these...

They sliced the fish before frying. Nagmukhang daing! Yet not even crispy fried. But..,
fried lapu-lapu (grouper) at Yu Huan Seafood Palace in Catarman Northern Samar
Come to think of it, Masarap! I could tell the fish was fresh. Definitely not freezer-aged!

The prawns came and they did not look like prawns to me. Odee kay pasayan!
"buttered prawns" at Yu Huan Seafood Palace in Catarman Northern Samar
Well, two pieces were succulently big, but the rest were just mere pasayan. Kung maka-"prawns" naman si waitress eh akala mo gaano kalalaki. Pasayan la iton odai. Pasayan!

They cooked the shrimps just like every pretentious restaurant in this country does - fried and served with that characteristically slimy sweet syrup! My driver says that's Sprite (yes, the softdrinks) and margarine (called butter by ALL Philippine restaurants)!

Well, I am not a fan (in principle)! Why do I say that? Kasi masarap pa rin eh. Marasa!

Now now, I don't know what kind of "rice" this was. I Just know we said "fried rice"...
"fried rice" at Yu Huan Seafood Palace in Catarman Northern Samar
Tangina ang sarap! Yes mapapamura ka sa sarap! No it's not Java Rice, and it does not look like Yang Chow Fried Rice too. Maybe Szechuan Fried Rice? Basta, The best! Winner!

Nasapawan si shrimp (ok fine, prrrawnsss) and si lapu-lapu dai! Burp!

Total Bill: P980. Yes, nine-hundred-eighty pesos. Mahal ha!

But okay lang, masarap naman. I said "keep the change" haha!

Teka lang.., I feel drowsy!


Post a Comment

0 Comments