Balai Constancia Resto-Cafe

main entrance to Balai Constancia in Carigara Leyte
I have been curious about this place for some time now. And I said last June I really want to see what this place is all about, right? So, today was my chance as I was going back to Tacloban from Kananga!

Oops, lampas! Haha, this picture I took as we turned back because my driver missed that corner!
highway signage leading to Balai Constancia in Carigara Leyte
We were facing back at Capoocan this time and took a left turn to where the arrow points to!

Wha! We joked we were already in Iraq!
Then again, this zone may have been named after another place as the capital of Iraq is Baghdad.

Whoa again... a gated compound in a wide farm... mala-hacienda!
Like anywhere, this gate does not really exclude outsiders. It's more of just a status symbol art (arte)!

Chadaaan! And I said to my self, parang hacienda nga...
This compound is in the middle of vast ricefields, about a kilometer away for the highway (pic above).

The café / bar area. Inviting...
café and bar at Balai Constancia in Carigara Leyte

It connects to a spacious outside dining area - can be good for meetings even parties and the likes...
restaurant at Balai Constancia in Carigara Leyte
outdoor restaurant at Balai Constancia in Carigara Leyte
food menu at Balai Constancia in Carigara Leyte
clubhouse sandwich at Balai Constancia in Carigara Leyte

But then again.., for banquets, seminars and bigger gatherings, they have this...
the function hall of Balai Constancia in Carigara Leyte

And, there is even this...
swimming pool at Balai Constancia in Carigara Leyte

With a cuddly little clingy life-guard who's been following me everywhere I went!
Ah... but for me, this would be a great place to just relax or space out from the daily grind...

I was even allowed to go out to the ricefield and have a grand walk to savor the fantastic nature...
rice farm outside Balai Constancia in Carigara Leyte
When I asked if I could (next time) join farmers out in this field either planting or harvesting rice... the reply of the owner was... "we'll gladly even prepare a picnic lunch out there, complete with musicians, our wait staff, even local farm experts or scientists to make sure you maximize the fun and leaning"!

Hmmm, I'm just another "son of a beach", but this farm IS a promising destination!

Family and friends... be ready!

Post a Comment

0 Comments