Sopoong Food House, Ortigas Center

Just saw this today. Kinda new to me since I am seldom in the metropolis these days. And yes, I am again staying at, ah don't mention it anymore! I was walking to the Army Navy Branch at Strata 2000 when I passed by this corner. I got curious, so I entered!

Corner Emerald Avenue (left edge of that photo above) and Garnet Road (front and to the right), yes, ground floor. I think this is the Grand Emerald Tower Condominiums.

When I entered, this is what I saw... and in my mind I said, abaaaa pwedeee!
Yeah, me "ambulance" (ambiance) enough, and not crowded! So I looked for a seat...

And, I chose this corner for two... comfy and cozy enough, right?
Where I sat is about the very middle of the restaurant. Behind me is that "brick wall" in the second picture above (near the bird cage). And to the left of that bird cage is entrance. To my left is a glass wall facing Garnet Road, and, that other glass wall at far end, is Emerald Avenue. Why am I telling you this? Well, nice for people watching hehe!

This is fastfood style setup - meaning you order your food at the counter...
This menu is piled in a stack at that counter, but if you look up, they're also printed up above your forehead in bigger images. Parang Jollibee lang!

While waiting for my order, I looked around...
This is to the right of that 3rd picture above - for those of you who like facing a blank wall while dining, instead of the outside world via the glass walls, this is your place. Come to think of it, I was like that for a time, because I am always dining alone. But not anymore. These days, I like people watching. Iyawat may makita nga tatamayon hehe!

This is a grand view of their fridge!
At first, I was saying in my mind "pati ba naman Sprite lang galing pa ng Korea"! But on second look, only the cans at left are Sprite. This "group" on the right side are cans of Chilsuna Cider! Yes, Pepsi products, under Lotte brand, but not common in this country.

Beside that fridge is a chest freezer that contains these...
Hahaha, I tried counting with all my fingers who among you my avid readers would ransack this freezer even before a meal...my gaaash kulang ang 20 fingers!

Alright, my dinner arrived after exactly 14 minutes! Nagduda ako if this was mine...
My order was item number 2 on the menu - Bulgogi Deopbap - but this thing in front of me did not look like the picture in that menu! This one looked more like my favorite Beef Misono (or is it Gyudon) at Yoshinoya hahaha! BUT... their problem is/was... this thing in front of me looked and smelled so irresistibly masarap! So I chowed down at it ASAP before anyone could come to correct a mistake! Fortunately for me, no one did!

That probably means I chose very well! Whohoa! And by the way, I knew what to avoid on this plate. That lump of side dish above the 3 yellow cubes. Yes Kimchi, maanghang!

Now, now... let's "analyze" a bit. And probably even do a fearless forecast?!

Unless some uncontrollable eventualities occur, this Korean eatery will probably last more than the usual. What's the usual? Wheh, di ba almost all Korean restaurants in this country just fizzle out naturally quietly in about 2 or 3 years or even less?

Sopoong will last long, if they want to. They might not even be aware of it, but they have the 3 most important "foreign restaurant longevity" factors covered. And what are those? Teka, I get paid for that! I am a consultant, remember?!

Anyway, how was my dinner tonight? Enough for me to say "I love earth"!



Post a Comment

0 Comments