My 'Grueling Adventure' to Atoy's

Just to say really that "I have been there" hehe!

Sorry na, pag-bigyan ang probinsyano! As said in previous stories, I have ceased being a Metro Manila 'citizen' since 2009 started. There are places sprouting around that I'm not even aware of (any longer)!

And this was a grueling adventure - to Metrowalk! Sige tawanan mo ako!

The story...
I was in the metropolis, Ortigas Center to be exact, for meetings and briefings. Friends were busy on FB Chat talking about a 'dinner tonight' - alangan namang lunch tonight, ano? I butted-in to their kuro-kuro, telling them 'sali ako', which surprised everyone, as I forgot to tell that I was 'in town'. Long story short, unanimous decision was "7PM, dating gawi, Metrowalk" - which made me all the more excited!

Why "excited"? Because I was staying at the %@#$ GoHotels Ortigas, which, I was sure was just near! In my mind, I even immediately drew a map: walk eastward on Garnet or Sapphire, pagdating sa Onyx kaliwa, pag dating sa Unionbank Tower tawid ng Meralco Ave., ayun Metrowalk na! EZ as 1 2 3 di ba?!

Came the moment of truth..,
I was out of the office at 7PM. Walked to the hotel, dropped the laptop and started to "change outfit"... but I thought that would take more time, eh late na! So.., I went off on my planned walk to Metrowalk!

Teka.., malayo pala! When I reached Onyx and was making a left turn, my feet were BOTH aching and wanted to give up. They (as in sila lang, the feet - not including my mind) are probably already too old, flat and fat, AND not anymore used to wearing leather shoes while walking around the metropolis. Ah!

But I moved on, still excited! Ang kaso lang... may problemang di inaasahan... eto na...

When I reached the Unionbank tower, I saw and realized, wala nang tawiran sa Meralco Avenue. Argh! The island is now all fenced off with high chicken wire and barbed wire! Nindot! Pusang amang yan o!

I looked right, a pedestrian overpass was being constructed but not yet passable. And the nearest u-turn slot (which also means, somewhere I could cross) eh malayo, halos Julia Vargas na! I looked left and it looked like the corner at Ortigas Ave. was the best option. So I walked that way, feet hurting. Ah!

Madali nang madali, only to find out I was first at the meeting place. Mga hayup!

But at least I learned some lessons here. 1) Never assume the road you once frequently took will still be the same. Metro Manila keeps changing! 2) Kelan ka naglakad ng malayo na naka-leather shoes?

Anyway, since dating gawi daw.., that meant ang last dumating, taya! So, I ordered whatever I wanted!
menu at Atoy's Metrowalk
For those who don't know, Atoy's Bar & Restaurant is owned by Atoy Co. If you don't know him, itanong nyo ke Jawo kung sino si "Mr. Fadeaway Jumpshot", na nagsabi ordinaryong basketbolista lang sya!

Hands down.., di pa rin kumukupas ang restaurant na ito!
delectable Pinoy food at Atoy's Metrowalk
Okay, grueling adventure nga, pero nagdusa man, laman-tiyan naman ang kinahinatnan! Winner pa rin!

And the rest is history!

Post a Comment

0 Comments