Great Child Performer at Club Diplomat

This is a new bar, I think. Well, after Yolanda, everything seems rather new in Tacloban anyway, right?! This one called Club Diplomat, I saw a few nights ago on an evening stroll, since I live at a hotel nearby. I sat at one of the outside tables and had a bottle of beer . Hmm, they have live music interspersed with DJ music. All I could say was "pwede"!

Tonight, after posting my previous story, I had dinner at Andok's, and walked to look and see more of what Club Diplomat is. I wanted to listen more as to what kind of music do they generally play and what is the 'tone' and 'feel' inside. 

I didn't expect much since tonight (Tuesday) was the second of their "Videoke Nights" (Mondays & Tuesdays), while "Acoustic Nights" are Wednesdays down to Saturdays of every week. Can't wait for tomorrow as I'm back to Manila (again)in the morning, and would only be back probably by Monday - which would then be "Videoke Nights" again hehe! I did tell myself... "who knows, I might just see/hear other more good singers - since they are very common in the Visayas!

Well, all that I heard singing were good. But I realized its not videoke all night after all. There is still a band playing live music, but interspersed with "audience participation". Buti naman!

The thing that caught everyone's repeated applause though (including mine of course), was this boy who went up to perform with the band. He plays that beat box very well. Yes, the "kahon" as many of us call it.
young boy playing with a band in tacloban

So, how should I call this kid, a percussionist? He can tap and whack that box well!

And he did it not just with one or two, but a number of songs!
young boy playing with a band in tacloban

Am not a musician, but I think I know that the 'drummer'. in this case the beat boxer, which is this kid, is like the pilot who steers the performance towards maintaining the musical beat or rhythm. And he does it like a pro! Especially that there is a singer who could easily get lost if the tempo goes a bit off! Mahusay ang batang ito. Magaling!

Ah, by the way, I overheard some folks talking... that the kid's parent (a father?) is part of the band. Am not sure if he (the father) is somewhere in those pics. Well, I guess he (the father) is the one that this kid just replaced, so he's not in the pics. But all I can say is, congratulations!



Post a Comment

0 Comments