Miyara: The Sweet Tooth of Tacloban!

Craving for 'meryenda', I walked out of DWU Hospital after visiting a colleague who had a minor ailment but needed confinement. I crossed the street, and after Chowking I found some cafe that looked like a restaurant (and I think a dorm too.) Whatever, basta I saw that the name was "cafe". When I was given the menu, I saw 'coffee' but I couldn't find fraps or iced coffee. I asked the waiter if they had any. The reply was "aw puydi man sir, an 3-in-1 bubutangan ice". Whatever he meant with that, it offended me - because I thought he was stupid (taga huron, he did not really know what I was asking for) or they're not a "cafe" after all, or both. So I bolted out murmuring some 'invectives' hehe!

I thought I might as well walk to Jose Karlo's. But as I turned right at Metrobank, I saw a curious reddish pinkish signage of a cake shop that looked like they have coffee.
outdoor signage of Miyara Cakes and Patisserie


When I entered, I said "ayayay" to myself! That expression meant two things to me - 1) aha, so this is where that delectable cake came from (that someone brought to the office the other day), and 2) haruy, everything looks sweet! At least, there was coffee!
interior view of Miyara Cakes and Patisserie


After ordering, I looked around and noticed that this place seems to be a girly tambayan - okay isama ang mga misis hehe. The decor, the colors, everything looks daintily artistically positioned, as if they are cousins with papemelroti! And yes, every edible thing looked sweet to me. I may not be a fan of the decor and the sweets, but I already instantly knew who I should bring to, or at least 'inform', about this place. I even felt a bit 'out of place' or even 'out of order' haha!

So I stayed at one of the tables outside. And in no time, my orders came...
Ayaw daw ng sweets, pero ayan... "now, look at" hahaha!


Here's a closer look. The vanilla something is good enough a partner to MarLights.
But in my head I was complaining about that muffin - sa kintab pa lang it looked really sweet, like an expensive cake in itself! It does not say in the menu (or I just don't know dahil wala neto sa aming baryo), that their muffins pala, are topped with like creamy chocolate icing something, howsoever that is called!


Now look below... proof that the muffin was too sweet... hurot dayon hahaha!
Nahiya naman ako ke yosi. I almost didn't touch it. I got busy with that muffin hehe!


I say again, I am not really a fan of things too sweet. But don't you lay them down in front of me, dahil hindi ko aatrasan yan hehe! Seriously, I think many will like this place - or the things made out of this place. Its almost like a craft bar of sweet things! And, Maupay mayada na hini dinhi ha Tacloban! For a change.



Comments