Signs Of Our Time 160422


I won't be able to sleep if I don't share with you these funny signage of our present times!

Arriving at Borongan's Baybay Boulevard, I saw this dump truck..,
Whoa! The driver is a 1D fan? And my very own driver said 'what do you think of drivers, not updated"? Oo nga ano? Come to think of it, drivers are always tuned in to their radios - more often than students!

Well.., and but..,

In the morning, travel from Tacloban to Borongan was generally "uneventful", until I saw this..,
I was sure other people on the road (aside from me and my driver) also had a hearty laugh or at least a wry smile having read that thing at the back of the tricycle hahaha! "BASTA BAYOT SWEET LOVER"!

For those not in the know yet.., "bayot" is the Visayan (Waray/Cebuano) word for "gay male". And that expression is an aberration of an old time funny expression that says BASTA DRIVER SWEET LOVER! The pun in that expression is to suggest, boast, gloat that "if its a driver, it/he must be a sweet lover".

Now replace "driver" with "gay" hahaha!

Oh My Philippines! No wonder it is very easy for anyone to smile - anytime, anywhere!

Post a Comment

0 Comments