Malajog Sunset Again


beautiful sunset at Malajog Beach, Calbayog City

I remember I already posted a similar article about the sunset at this beach, ah I remember too, I said I want to keep returning to it, so eto na... "I have returned no. 1" (because there might be many)! Yeay!

By the way, I just realized, it's not "malahog" as I wrote in 2012. It's "malajog" pronounced in the same way as "malahog". Now therefore, Mr. President, I stand erected hahaha! In fact, if you observe locals, the tricky difference isn't even in how the name is written, but on how it is pronounced by us visitors.

It's a hard "O" in the last syllable. Not the "O" as in jog hog bog or nog. It is more like your "O" in hood or good or google, though a bit shorter. That is why some folks could/can/might write it as "malajug"!

Anyway, I came just for the sunset and nothing else. Let me tell you, the way there is still "holy"!
rough muddy road to Malajog Beach, Calbayog City
Holy, meaning there are so many holes on the road! Well, many Samareños use the term "luxurious".., because your vehicle (as in, whatever it may be) will be "lulukso-lukso" as you go along your way. Yeh!

But it's worth it for me... it's only about 200 meters of muddy or rough road... sus!
views at Malajog Beach, Calbayog City
wonderful views at Malajog Beach, Calbayog City
wonderful views at Malajog Beach, Calbayog City
Malajog Beach, Calbayog City

I'm not sure what entices me to this place - this is the public beach area btw, not the resort with a zip line, jetski and everything in between! Maybe I like the rustic "barriotic" aura. It adorably feels like so.

I sat on that sand until evening fell... and there was even the moon. Argh, but I had to go!

Hmm, I say again... MacArthur (I shall return)!

Post a Comment

0 Comments