Kaohsiung Main Public Library


Out of the Sky Tower, I opted to roam around the area at various places I got curious about, because I saw them from above. All unplanned, some I didn't even know. But travel gets exciting this way, right?

Main objective was: to see that building with a roof that looked like a folded mat or carpet. But, I saw this thing and told my self, "aw their bus stops aren't all as modern as those at Central Park, after all"!
Looking closely at its details however, I will not dare say that our bus stops are better. Ah, probably sa pormahan pwede, kasi ang bus stop (waiting shed) natin, hugis letra ang poste! Alams na bakit, di ba?

Look, the bus numbers that stop at this shed are posted on the wall. And there is even a running LED Display. Achaka ang simple ng structure o, ni hindi concrete. Those are just I-beams (I think) and yero.

That brings me to 'appease' epal politicians. Kasi, hindi lang naman sila ang tarantado sa bayan natin. I'm sure maglagay ka ng ganyang waiting shed sa atin (lalo na sa Metro Manila), kakarnehin yan, lahat!

Unang mawawala nyan ang mga bombilya. Susunod dyan yung materiales ng dingding at alkoba, etc., hanggang maglaho nang tuluyan ang buong waiting shed hehehe! Marami sa ating mga kababayan eh parang nawawalan na ng tamang moralidad at ikinakatwiran palagi ang kahirapan sa masamang asal.

Solusyon, turuan na lang natin ang mga bata (before Grade IV), ng magandang asal. Hopefully in their lifetime, pag adults na sila, mangibabaw sa kanila ang mabuhay ng matuwid at marangal 'no? Ngayon kasi, para na tayong mga taga-mainland! Wala na yatang pag-asa baguhin ang mga adult brains natin!

Ano ini?! Waiting shed lang na pangit, andami ko nang sinabi. Nag-sermon na!

Well, me gamit din pala ang mag-kwento about going abroad, kasi nakukumpara natin sila at tayo. Aw like I said before, pag 'rants at palpak natin' ang topic, tinatagalog ko para 'di ma-gets' ng hindi Pinoy!

Pag nice places, events and personalities sa atin, aw ayan, ume-Engles tayo! Dami kasi nakikibasa dito na taga malayong lupain. But I tell them, if I write in Tagalog, don't worry it's not important to you. Da!

Haruuuy hehehe! Let's go on...

That building out there across the road invited my curiosity. It looks new and notable. Sugod PT!
Oh the Kaohsiung (Main) Public Library. Kumbaga sa atin National Library sa Luneta. Wow, a nice one!

I went up just to see whatever I can. OMG what a modernistic building for a library! I don't know if it is not allowed, or I just got ashamed, or I forgot, but I did not take any other photo in there, except this:
I did not know there is (already) such a thing in Taiwan. Do you know what Blind Date With A Book is?

It's that gimmick or promotional activity usually done by 1] Public and/or private libraries (usually for free); or 2] Bookstores, where 'daters' pay a minimum fee or even bid a price (blindly) to 'date' a book.

Blind date books are usually wrapped in Manila Paper (like in the picture above) or used newspapers, with a few enticing words or phrases, serving as clue on what it might be about, or who the author is!

You cannot "judge a book by it's cover" since you do not see anything. Aliw ang suspense!

Ah, I'm not a bookworm, and have seldom been visiting libraries or bookstores nowadays. But the last I saw a "blind date" was in Melbourne in the late 1990s. It was a "free" blind date from a public library.

I haven't seen one in the Philippines, but I'm almost sure it happens once-in-a-while here-and-there!

Anyway, this library is huge and garden-like everywhere. The walls are all glass - such that, all natural light illuminates the interiors during the day. There are even trees and plants inside the building, and the roofdeck garden can even be an events venue. A green-architecture building that has won awards.
A staff told me that this building looks even more 'photogenic' at night. Aw, the library closes at 10PM!


No wonder, that same staff I talked to, told me a lot of local and foreign tourists visit them daily.

Comments