Gallivanting Around Glan


E. Alegado Transport Terminal at Glan, Sarangani
On my way back to General Santos City from Isla Jardin Del Mar, I of course, had to pass by Glan town center, so I could ride a VHire. I caught this opportunity to look around Glan poblacion - just the places near to their 'E Alegado Transport Station'. Actually, 'anything' in this serene town proper is just nearby.

What caused me to roam a little and have a look around? A number of lovely old houses...
beautiful big old wooden houses in the town center of Glan, Sarangani
beautiful big old wooden houses in the town center of Glan, Sarangani
beautiful big old wooden houses in the town center of Glan, Sarangani
There were others more that looked interesting to me, but I felt uneasy taking pics just 'here-and-there' as I seemed to be attracting "glances and stares" from locals, and I didn't know how to interpret those.

Kulba oi! Aba, mahirap na, baka nakakasakit na ako ng damdamin hehehe!

Those stares and glances felt like coming from 'just curious' rather than 'offended' eyes. But I was not really very sure of that heheh. And I still felt uneasy anyway. So, I stopped shooting residential houses.

This was a normal, regular, ordinary Saturday for the townsfolk going about their usual daily activities, and there I was, from wherever.., suddenly taking pictures of their houses. Worth a glance nga naman!

I still took photos as I walked around, but this time, of the usual that visitors take pics of. Like these:
Municipal Hall of Glan, Sarangani
That's a row of new vehicles at left (orange/black color), and the building across is the municipal hall.

Here here.., this is the Glan Municipal Hall. And they consider this old? Why? Well, look to the left!
Municipal Hall of Glan, Sarangani

This one.., this is their new municipal hall? Ah, maybe it's the other way around, since both look new!
Municipal Hall of Glan, Sarangani

Towards the marshes, by some mangroves is what they call a "baywalk" or something, and it has this.
Glan Sarangani Baywalk
No people around, except that I could see some residents peeping at me from their houses, so I could not ask anyone if this thing "is already it" or if it is a work in progress, since as it is, it looks a bit lonely.

Well, judging from the grounds, this place is going to be a wonderful garden or park, I think! To my left I could see a closed gate that led to a wharf, but I did not go there since it was clearly closed anyway!

To my right, aha, I saw some kind of monument so I went to check it out. This thing with no name!
Glan Sarangani Baywalk
Walking away from this edifice (that I did not understand what about), I saw a young man walking, so I asked him what it is. He said "shrine". I asked "shrine for what"? He shrugged as if saying "ambot". Da!

Anyway, I walked back towards their public market, which I earlier saw. I had a critical mission. This!
sumptuous food at the Glan Public Market
After the walking around, lunch was rightfully my next 'activity'! I planned for this as early as last night: 'check out by mid-morning from Isla Jardn Del Mar > roam Glan proper > find lunch anywhere in town'!

I did not expect to find gourmet restaurants or anything of that caliber in Glan. But I did not also know that I could have a sumptuous lunch at their public market! All I knew was, I saw a number of eateries at the Alegado Transport Station (when I arrived) - that, is where I expected to dive-in for lunch today!

But their public market stalls looked airy and new. Plus, most of Ro-Gen's dishes were just coming out fresh and piping-hot from their kitchen! Plus, "smorgasrice", "unlirice", "unlikanin"! Thus, I did not resist!

After lunch, I walked going back to the E. Alegado Transport Station. The route passes by this...
Sta. Catalina De Alexandria Parish Church of AGlan, Sarangani
The Sta. Catalina De Alexandria Parish Church of Glan, Sarangani. It's not a big church so I didn't dare enter, since there was an ongoing service for a "dear departing"! Baka itanong kung ano ko ang yatap!

Then, I was back at the transport terminal, in time for the van's departure to GenSan.
E. Alegado Transport Terminal at Glan, Sarangani
Technique: before I roamed around town, I first came to this place, to ask about van departure times.

By the way, the vans are not exactly at that terminal building, but somewhere to the left. Here...
E. Alegado Transport Terminal at Glan, Sarangani
It is just a spot that van drivers unanimously opted to arrive at and/or depart from. No ticket counters nor booking offices like you would expect in Eastern Visayas. I only requested a manong who seemed to be just sitting around, to "kindly tell the 1 o'clock driver, akin na lang ang seats one and two". He did!

Oh, how do you know which van is leaving next? Just ask around, because it could be any of the vans around that orange thing. In my case, I thought it was the white van at right, but I found out by asking drivers, that it was to be that gray van at the back! No published schedules too, just driver estimates!

The trips too, being estimates, do not necessarily leave on time but as vans get full with passengers. I thought I was on the 1PM trip, but we departed at exactly 12:57PM! O di ba, 3mins ahead of schedule.

Puno na kasi hehe, so off we went!

Hey, I wasn't very satisfied with what I have seen and experienced in this area. Let's come back soon!

Yeah, I shall return!

Post a Comment

0 Comments