Sometimes, we have to... JUST GO!


No event, no occasion, no anything that may have pushed me to go to any specific destination today. I just woke up smilingly feeling restless (or probably bored?), so I dunked things to my 'weekend pack' and said to my royal self "on this lovely day, let me go riding a Ceres Bus to wherever". Just like that!

Thus, at about 8am or a few minutes thereafter, I was out riding a Grab Car to the Cebu City North Bus Terminal. Destination? Whatever wherever! "The first bus destination I see, that's it"! Just like that nga!
Then again.., back of my mind I already pondered as to where those buses ply to -- destinations north of Cebu Island, or probably even Negros (as I keep hearing there are already buses that go to Bacolod from this terminal - I used to hop on those rides from the South Bus Terminal). Getting ready, after all!

Anyway...

I do know too-well, that from the North Bus Terminal, there are buses going to Maya in Daanbantayan - therefore I could have ended in Malapascua today.There are also many buses that go to Hagnaya in San Remigio - therefore I could have been jumping off to Bantayan Island.

Yet, there are buses also, that go to Tabuelan - therefore, I could have gone to bask at their white sand beaches there. Perhaps, even sail across the channel to Escalante City in Negros Occidental. Pwede!

Ah, there are buses too, that go via Bogo City, onwards on a RORO to Masbate - therefore I could have been exploring a city of Luzon today! Coming back to Cebu from Masbate, by the way, is not anymore much of an effort these days - because, aside from big passenger ships, there are regular flights now.

Those were just some of the many possibilities, any of which would have truly been fine for me today!

I was excitedly willing and ready to be in any of those destinations today, just to appease my itchy feet that didn't seem willing to spend another weekend in the urban areas of Cebu, Mandaue or Lapu-lapu!

It happens, right?

Oh, likewise-considered by my 'feeling-vacation' brain were nearby destinations - such as:
- Getting off the bus at Danao City, and catching a boat to Camotes Islands. "Pwede yan pwede"!
- Getting off the bus at Bogo City, then crossing to Palompon, then another boat to Kalanggaman!
- Getting off the bus in Sogod to enjoy Alegre Beach Resort
And many other such possibilities!

I was cheering inside my mind body heart and soul while thinking about those places. The excitement (I think), was because of the 'come what may' or 'whichever comes first' rule, that I imposed upon me!


Have you even done such a thing in your life, ever? It's a different kind of thrill!

FYI, this wasn't the first time I did this 'kabalbalan'. Especially that I now reside in Cebu, I do this crazy aimlessness from time to time. And, it makes me feel really "well rested", "relaxed" and "rejuvenated".

That is apart of course, from the fact that, in trips like these, I learn many things more - by surprise! If I research ahead kasi, I already start to realize things - so that when I get there, I'm not anymore thrilled!

That, by the way, includes re-learning many things that we might have already forgotten. Example: "ay oo nga pala, mainit ang araw sa right-side-window on a northbound bus"! Details that we easily forget.

Alright alright... tama na ang justificazien... oo, lumarga ka ng "to whom it may concern"! Anyare nga?

So okay, those were the places I thought I could have ended-at, before sun down today.., after the bus and/or whatever other transport modes I may have taken, to deliver me to "anywhere". Exciting? Very!

Anyway, it is now 37 minutes past 10PM, as I write this last paragraph at ===> Budyong Beach Resort.

Therefore.., my "JUST GO", "whatver comes first" rule today, landed me in Sta. Fe, Bantayan Island!

How did it happen? Ah, let me tell more details in my next story!

Post a Comment

0 Comments