Amico: A Cute Cozy Café At The Astrodome


I've been to this restaurant that looked interesting as we passed by, so I (and driver) went in to dine!
signage and frontage with funny signboard writings of Amico Café at the Tacloban astrodome
This is at the back portion of Tacloban's Astrodome that is "comebacking" as "food and entertainment venue" like it was, before everything was wiped out by ST Yolanda. It's this area facing Cancabato Bay.

Maybe that witty funny Shakespearean aberration on the sign board enticed me. It says "to beer or not to beer, that is the question" by William Shakesbeer hehehe. The lower half of the board also made me grin (after rolling eyeballs). It says "PS: Sorry no Wi-Fi for now. Talk to each other, be full & get drunk"!

I don't know, I'm not sure... maybe it was also the look and feel, the setup, the setting, the ambiance of the place that attracted me to it. I like that color of wood, their furniture and the wall art. It's cozy-nice!

The food is good, but not even unique, because (I think) I can find similar fare in other restaurants.
fish entrée at Amico Café at the Tacloban Astrodome
pork chop at Amico Café at the Tacloban Astrodome
I liked that porkchop (I don't know how they call it), even if my driver said "barato it asin yana sir, ano"?

Well, as I always say, I am no foodie, so I don't know how to describe food, probably because i am not really interested to. All I know is I do consistently adhere to my "seefood diet" - when I see food, I eat!

Another thing in Amico that got me interestedly busy that I even hopped from table to table, was this:
table-top with old book pages under the glass at Amico Café in Tacloban's Astrodome
table-top with old book pages under the glass at Amico Café in Tacloban's Astrodome
table-top with old book pages under the glass at Amico Café in Tacloban's Astrodome
Yes, those are old book pages that they tore and placed at each table, before topping them with glass.

Yes, we've seen that kind of 'style' somewhere else, right? Yet still, it got me busy, I did not even notice whether the food preparation took long or not! But my opinionated driver (nahawa na 'ata sa akin) had to say "unta, may waray liwat nga libro". We laughed, but I dismissed that saying "mag-iisog hi DepEd".

Anyway, Amico Café is tiny. There are only about 3 or 4 small tables inside, though I guess they can fit more (even bigger) tables in the outside area, that has very nice vantage of the serene Cancabato Bay.

My final verdict: Douglas MacArthur [meaning I Shall Return]!

Post a Comment

0 Comments