Good Morning Alona Beach



Nothing much of a story to tell, I am just enjoying my time in Alona Beach. I woke up at 5AM, even if I slept at about midnight. Maybe I was excited about something? Maybe. Such as the early dawn skies.
calm and serene early dawn view of Alona Beach, Panglao, Bohol
At 5:14AM everything around this side of Panglao is so serene. My camera cannot justify the beauty.

Exactly 16 minutes after, the panorama started to reveal more of earth's wonderful colors...
calm and serene early dawn view of Alona Beach, Panglao, Bohol
calm and serene early morning view of Alona Beach, Panglao, Bohol
calm and serene early morning view of Alona Beach, Panglao, Bohol
Those three photos are left-middle-right. If you can stitch them together even in your imagination, that was how beautiful the morning view (that I woke up to, from my room's own veranda) was. Awesome!

Although I did not really have to go out to that veranda to savor the surreal heavenly views..,
calm and serene early morning view of Alona Beach, Panglao, Bohol
Waking-up everyday to that kind of morning tableau, could be one definition of paradise. Won't it be?

That prompted me to go down and "be in the scene" for the real feel!

At 5:41AM.., down on the sand itself.., looking left and right.., it felt like I owned Alona Beach!
calm and serene early morning view of Alona Beach, Panglao, Bohol
calm and serene early morning view of Alona Beach, Panglao, Bohol
What we can't show via pics or vids is that "a bit cool and a bit warm" gentle morning sea breeze. Ahh!

Oh, special mention to my instant guard and best friend who kept following me! I felt safe. Honest!
calm and serene early morning view of Alona Beach, Panglao, Bohol
He has a partner. Another dog colored white-and-black - who will probably appear in my photos later!

From the sandy strip, I turned around for a view of my resort: Blue Ocean Bohol Beachfront Resort.
Blue Ocean Resort, Alona Beach, Panglao, Bohol
That is my room on the upper-right-corner! Don't worry, I'll describe that in a separate post. Promise!

I walked up to those tables and chairs for an 'early morning tunganga session' but 'no can do'..,
calm and serene morning view at Alona Beach, Panglao, Bohol
Grass, chairs and tables were all still wet with the fresh morning dew. Kitchen/Bar also still closed! So I walked around the area -as if inspecting the extent, the realm, the kingdom of my royal highness. Da!

5:59AM, sun started laying its golden rays on the boats, making them look mesmerizingly alluring!
calm and serene morning view at Alona Beach, Panglao, Bohol
This is what photographers call the "golden hour" (there's also one just before sunset, of course), and I'm happy to have chanced upon it! It is that time of day when everything has that natural golden glow.

I noticed, this manong in blue cleans not only Blue Ocean's frontage (he's been at it since I woke up)!
calm and serene morning view at Alona Beach, Panglao, Bohol
I later learned from him and his wife, that the big house beside the resort is currently 'abandoned'. Du!

Hey do you see that man in black beyond the manong in blue? Not clear in the picture, but he is on the water with his black dog for their daily morning swim! The dog is a labrador and he's Russian (I think). Why do I say that? Because he looks like one, and the sign on that rock seems to be a good indicator!

Here's that rock with a signboard I can't understand except for a line saying "divers community club".
calm and serene morning view at Alona Beach, Panglao, Bohol
The advertised resort is actually not literally on Alona Beach that ends on that rock (by the way). It's at a street up and behind that rock. Yep, up there is one of the residential/commercial areas of Panglao.

Oist, di ko alam meron na palang mga kampon si Vladimir sa bansa natin hehehe! Da zdravstvuyet!

Aha! Because I saw those steps beside the rock.., I went up there just curious, and it looks like this..,
calm and serene morning view at Alona Beach, Panglao, Bohol
Pagpasensyahan nyo na ang batang yan ayaw pang umalis eh, parang kakagising lang at nananaginip pa yata! But that is the view atop the rock - left is the Russian signage, the boat is where I came from.

But the picture above was just looking to the left from atop the rock. Here is what I saw to the right..,
calm and serene morning view at Alona Beach, Panglao, Bohol
Whoa, there's a hidden little patch of white sand! So that extends the end of Alona Beach a little more!

Alright, 6:07AM, back at my resort, the kitchen-cum-bar-cum-front-desk was already open!
Blue Ocean Resort, Alona Beach, Panglao, Bohol
She asked what breakfast I want, told me to go on with what I was doing and will call me when ready.

So I went for a swim. They could see me where I was, and I could see them doing their activities!
Blue Ocean Resort, Alona Beach, Panglao, Bohol
One time she hollered from where she was, asking if I wanted coffee or hot chocolate, and I hollered back my reply! Aliw. Felt like I was wading in my own big swimming pool with my own servants hehe!

6:32AM, I witnessed K Groups were getting ready to board a hired banca. Hmm, they start early!
calm and serene morning view at Alona Beach, Panglao, Bohol
I'm not familiar what tours they do from this beach. Maybe the usual. Whatever, it's good to start early.

Just 2 minutes after and there was this other (smaller) boat taking off with another group (mga puti)!
calm and serene morning view at Alona Beach, Panglao, Bohol
Baka yun na yun mga kampon ni Vladimir mag-diving snorkeling beach hopping! Dobro pozhalovat'!

I liked this! People watching while mindlessly wading on a warm early morning calm sea.

6:44 the adorable manang hollered again.., this time telling me breakfast was ready. I heeded!
breakfast amid a calm morning view at Alona Beach, Panglao, Bohol
Imagine that! Your Pinoy Traveler who does not even see breakfast that often, was done swimming at sea and was about to devour 3 slices of spam and 2 sunny-side-up eggs before 7AM. A new lifestyle?

Aba pwede!

Over breakfast, I watched the manong in blue and his wife, still cleaning and sprucing the sand!
calm and serene morning view at Alona Beach, Panglao, Bohol
calm and serene morning view at Alona Beach, Panglao, Bohol
I somehow yearned to do what they were doing. The activity seems to be a soothing relaxing calming kind of movement - especially that part where they have to drag the broom in straight lines across the sand to create a pattern or design. It is like doing a 'karesansui' everyday! Umandar ang dugong J. Da!

Hey look, I remembered I earlier took this pic of a family on the beach, when I sat in for breakfast.
calm and serene morning view at Alona Beach, Panglao, Bohol
I realized those are manong and manang with their son and daughter. So it's a family affair! Kalingaw!

7:40AM, I was back at my room for some emails and to wash-up. I saw this happening downstairs.
fun morning views at Alona Beach, Panglao, Bohol
Local kids playing soccer. Interestingly uncommon - since I often see kids play volleyball or basketball whether on the sand, a hardcourt or elsewhere. Maybe they've been influenced by tourists! That's nice.

About 9AM, I walked on the beach to another resort for a meeting and passed by these little ones..,
adorable morning views at Alona Beach, Panglao, Bohol
They were playing with a live beetle, the kind that feeds on young coconuts though not yet fully grown.
Happy to witness the simple joys of growing as a youngster in a Philippine rural setting - no gadgets.

Ah, and this inviting view was part of the way that I had to pass-by on my walk to the venue..,
fantastic calm and serene morning views at Alona Beach, Panglao, Bohol
Hmm, if I have to live and work in this kind of environment for the rest of my life, it'll be hard to resist!

Let's cut it here first anyway, and talk about the afternoon scene in my next story.

Soon!

Post a Comment

0 Comments