Singapore To Bali Flight

I went on an early morning 3-hour flight from Singapore to Bali, to catch my Christmas Eve party! This was also on Tiger Airways, same airline I took on my Cebu to Singapore flight yesterday. Departing at a little past 7AM in Singapore, we landed about 10AM at Ngurah Rai International Airport in Denpasar.

To those who were discussing with me about seat choices sometime ago, may I tell you that this was an eastward flight (second arrow on diagram above). So, I was wrong on choosing the left side of the plane (Seat A) since the harsh morning sun was on this side, therefore not good for shooting photos or videos outside the window. But I was lucky it was a gloomy day all the way from takeoff to landing!

My notes? Ah I was busier looking out the window, than observing the goings-on inside the plane. I did not see anything abhorable like in yesterday's flight. So, I am guessing, that flight was mas madusing!

Eto magandang view if it was not gloomy.., on approach to Denpasar, I could see Mt. Agung (I think).
The one at at right. It is said to be the biggest and tallest mountain on Bali, and is an active volcano. I am not an avid fan of mountains and volcanos, but I have friends who are active mountaineers, that is why I took this picture, for them! The smaller mound (at left) is I think Mt. Batur, an active volcano too.

By the way, below Mt. Batur is a lake called Danau Batur. Yep, Indonesian for "lake" is Danau - just like our Danao, Danau, Ranau or Lanao. Many words in Philippines and Indonesia are the same or similar!

Trivia: Some of the good airlines of the world maintain good relations with mountaineering and scuba diving clubs also around the world. That way, they are easily 'accessible' when deemed needed to help during airline accidents in the mountains or at sea. It sounds a little 'morbid', but very practical for all!

Okay, alright.., 10:07AM, landing approach to Runway 27, Ngurah Rai International Airport, Bali..,
Runway is at right (not seen in this picture). That strip of white sand is Benoa Beach stretching all the way to Nusa Dua Beach at left edge of photo. That's a newer famous area in Bali, full of luxury resorts.

Do you see that body of water behind the Nusa Dua land mass? That is not a lake. It is part of the sea called Benoa Gulf, the opening (inlet/outlet) of which is below my plane as we passed during landing. The amazing thing about that is they made a road not crossing but along the length and in the middle!

Kalsada sa gitna ng dagat called the Bali Mandara Toll Road, almost 13 kilometers in length!
Tsismis: just like in our country, during the opening of that toll road people raised issues about how it should be called. Some folks wanted to call it "I Gusti Ngurah Rai Bridge" (war hero of/from Bali) just like the name of their airport. Others wanted their places be named "Nusa Dua-Ngurah Rai-Benoa Toll Road", and so on. Enter the president, saying call it the "Bali Mandara Toll Road". Aba, me angal pa rin!

Mga 2 weeks yata nasa media headlines ang topic na yan. Parang sa Pilipinas lang, di ba? Makikipag-patayan sa ngalan ng pangalan! O di kaya, media na wala nang maibalita? Parang 'Pinas nga lang 'no!

Ah ako, I call it "jalan tol" (toll road), mas madaling maalala!

Here's a video clip of my flight, until it landed in Ngurah Rai International Airprt:


Okay, let's end it here muna. Then let's talk about my arrival next!

Comments