Koi Pond, At Changi Airport

Koi. Merriam-Webster says it is a "carp (Cyprinus carpio) bred especially in Japan for large size and a variety of colors and often stocked in ornamental ponds". There are a lot of this kind of fish at all the terminals of Singapore's Changi Airport - both in the 'public' and 'transit' areas, mostly at the gardens we've been talking about in my previous articles. Like there's Koi at the Water Lily and Orchid Gardens.

As if those were not enough though, there is a Koi Pond at T3. Ah well, to be precise, there are two of them at Terminal 3. One is near the smoking room near the A gates (A1 to A8), and the other is beside the Butterfly Garden (across another smoking room) near the B Gates (B1 to B4). Let's describe this..,
As you can see, it's not just a 'mere' Koi Pond. It is wide and long. You can compare its size versus the people lounging at left. And, what you see in the photo is only about two-thirds of its total length since that 'end' you see is actually just a bridge, and the remaining third of this Koi Pond continues behind it!

Here is that remainder of the Koi Pond, and I took this picture as I was on the wooden bridge. Aliw!
Yes, kaaliw din. Me Koi Pond na to entertain you, me tulay-tulayan pa that you can really use to cross!

Here is part of that wooden bridge. I took this picture to capture the name "Koi Pond" etched on glass!
You can discern an unrelenting zest for only the best 'no? Imagine, papangalanan lang, kinailangan pa talagang etched glass on a real walkable bridge! Sa airport nyo nga pala, ano'ng meron? Kainggit 'no?!

Not that there's no standee describing this Koi Pond. There is, in fact it's also made on a glass plate!
Oops! Blurry yung descriptions. Sorry po tao lang! But I like those three round "bawal" signs sa kanan! Yung una says "bawal lumangoy", yung pangalawa says "bawal mamingwit", the last one says "bawal hawakan yung isda". I saw an adult do just that. Ridiculous heheh, but very apt signs esp the last one!

Like the butterflies at the adjacent Butterfly Garden, the fish here are very hard (for me) to photograph.
If the paruparu fly away when I get near them, the Koi all swim and scrimmage to be nearest me when I approach the edge of the pond. Balyahan sila ng balyahan, ang lilikot, so that they all become blurred in my pictures! My solution: take a pic of the pond from a little distance like in the picture above. Ayan!

Okay, I am sure there are other Koi somewhere in this airport that I have not seen yet. Like those in the other Koi Pond. I am hoping to see them in the future, as I keep passing by this airport, like next week!

I better go.., boarding na yata.., let's go home!

Post a Comment

0 Comments