Where The Water Toys Are, In Tacloban

Many of you will probably remember my little muni-muni over at Café Lucia some days ago. Intrigued where those Jetskis are/were coming from, I asked around who owns them and where are they kept - perchance I be able to swing by and borrow any of those toys for "a little stroll" on the bay sometime.

It did not take much of asking around, and I found some of them resting floating silently here...
That is part of Leyte Park Hotel's "grounds" - the little wharf that had a "floating restaurant" (red arrow) frequented by executives and politicians for many years, until it was obliterated when Yolanda struck.

Someone told me, a tandem of local investors (probably even the owners of that previous restaurant) are planning to put up something anew, initially where the blue arrow points to. And, if things go well (my informant further revealed), they could even develop that whole wharf into something lively again.

Hmm, something to look forward to! Meanwhile, I think they are already 'testing' their grand plan - look to the left of my red arrow, there are (already) 2 little floating huts. And that waverunner on foreground seems to be a nice "accent" (and witness) while waiting for things to heat up around this lovely coast!

Well, some of the boys, oops, I mean "toys" are also afloat nearby, still 'alive' and definitely still usable!
Looking at them silently bobbing with tiny little waves, I had a (very) strong feeling, one of them must have been the thing that entertained me during my afternoon musings over at Cafe Lucia 6 days ago.

Hmm, this place is actually at the mouth of Cancabato Bay, where it meets the San Juanico Strait!

I walked around looking for someone who could tell me if these toys can be rented. Walang tao..,
I mean no people in charge, not even staff/workers. Ah yes, 1:17PM, maybe this was their siesta time.

A guard at that function building (of Leyte Park Hotel) told me this shack at right is an office..,
But circling around it, any door I saw was padlocked! Ah maybe they went home for lunch - and siesta!

At least I now know there are these kinds of toys I Tacloban, and I know where they are.

Okay, my next mission on this should be... alams na!

Post a Comment

0 Comments