Hotel Del Rio

This was such a delightful surprise. I mean we all know Hotel Del Rio is even older than many of you (include me please!) who read this blog. Yep, one of the oldest in the city, but, still is respectably fine!
entrance of Hotel Del Rio in Iloilo City

I imagined I would only have misgivings about this hotel and everything else Iloilo this time, because, I still had a "hangover" of the Guimaras bad experience. But surprisingly, I did not. To think that I had all the reason to be "nega" about anything I see or encounter since it was raining heavily when we arrived at the Ortiz Wharf, and there was heavy traffic approaching this hotel. But, they did not disappoint me!

Look! If I didn't tell you, would you have a hint from what you see, that this hotel started in 1965?
room at Hotel Del Rio in Iloilo City

Even the bathroom fixtures and amenities have been updated!
bathroom amenities at Hotel Del Rio in Iloilo City

Even the swimming pool looks like red paint is extremely abundant and cheap in Iloilo! Valentines eh!
swimming pool of Hotel Del Rio in Iloilo City

But some things never change... the food, and the service... always reliably good. This was my lunch!
grilled pork chops with mashed potatoes - lunch at Hotel Del Rio in Iloilo City

The last time I was here, room keys were still... well, the real 🔑"keys". They now have vincards!
hotel del rio tariff, key card and contact numbers

Following day, I made sure to wake up for the buffet breakfast. Still the simple power breakfast!
part of the buffet breakfast at Hotel Del Rio in Iloilo City
From right to left: Steamed Rice (not in photo, only the label is seen), Garlic Rice, Sautéed Sayote (am not a fan of halaman, but this matches very well with the next one), Tuna Flakes (aw ah, century lang ina pro namit ah), Sausage (take note, not longganisa), Pork Tocino (not too sweet, therefore da best)!

The "Mang-ga" (I don't care if from Guimaras or not) was late for my camera!
part of the buffet breakfast at Hotel Del Rio in Iloilo City

By the way, do you see that counter where the waiter is facing? If you do not want to be reprimanded (again) by your doctor, stay away hehe! That lighted counter displays all the enticing cakes, pastries and OMG so many things sinfully delicious! Well, there are those that have less sugar or sugar-free (daw)! And if you look up, the board displays coffee and other drinks like Chamomile Tea. Ok, splurge!

I think this is already the "Cafe Del Prado" part, and there is an interesting "phenomenon" here that has been so, even from decades ago. Try observing, you'll never miss it any day of the week. There usually are seniors (hu-o mga tigulang - don't laugh, tatanda ka rin) who make this place their tambayan from morning 'til evening! But they are the affluent set - mga manggaranon! You will catch them reading the daily papers with morning coffee - until lunch - back to their papers and coffee until sun down. Aliw!

Who knows, we might become one of them soon. But I wish to be called "manggaranon" ay! Tani 'no?!

Anyway, let's wake up hehe, hoy gising mga aliping sagigilid hahaha!

Hindi masama mangarap, di ba la? Lalo na kung pangarap lang, forever. Haruy!

Ah, let's go home to Cebu and Tacloban next!

Post a Comment

0 Comments