This Happens From Time To Time


I was watching the news while tinkering with my phone. Then I shouted "shoot" and got this!
Palaisipan: what is wrong with that screen shot? Yes, screen shot yan, since I captured a picture of my TV screen. So, "screen shot" nga, di ba? How many seconds or minutes did it take you to find that out?

You still can't find what is wrong with it? Ows?

Okay, I won't say it, but my analysis below will surely guide you, to find what's wrong with that shot. No no no, not the basketball shot, but the photo shot, or the screen capture of the CNN Philippines News!

Confusing? Ah, read on...

My analysis (hehehe):
For a reputable news channel, that is probably a "capital offense". But for me, that can be "forgivable"! It's not often that you use your left ring-finger and your left pinky-finger in succession to write letters in a word on your keyboard. For a lot of humans nowadays, those are the 2 weakest fingers when typing.

Lalo na kung sa left hand mo gagawin yan, for the letters "S" and "A", tapos right-handed ka. Mahirap!

And you're probably in a hurry typing words, because it's live news, and you are feeding the ticker line.

Gets na?

That's why it should be forgivable if you inadvertently not type "S" before "A" in BANGSAMORO.

Oist, hindi ako weird ha? Di ko alam, bakit sa dami ng pwede kong makita yun pa ang napansin ko, eh tumatakbo iyang line na yan eh - napiktyuran ko pa! Let's just say I am used to monitoring ticker news!

Baka nasanay na ang mga mata ko sa Bloomberg kakamonitor sa stock prices na laging olats!

Analysis continued (hahaha)...
Patawarin na natin, surely bata pa ang nagsulat nyan. Neophyte ba. Maybe bagong graduate. Lalo na kung UP Graduate. Wala pa kasi typing subject (paano gumamit ng keyboard typewriter makinilya) sa buong UP System. Unlike at U-Belt schools where "typing" is a full college subject, somebody told me!

Kung kaya, patawarin na natin sila, okay mga sadiq?

Maybe we should even take this incident as proof that "keyboard skills" should be a requirement as an elementary school subject. Because, it's easy for all of us to see, that it's a needed skill everywhere we go or whatever we do with our lives. The real "keyboard skills" ha? Not typing fast with 2 index fingers!

Tsismis:
When I was in high school, an hour of every summer day, I had to gruel learning the ASDF thing on two typwriters - the "makinilya" of my father and the "Oliveti" (electric typewriter) of my mom. Mahirap ha?!

I was required to do it everyday, and I was sternly monitored by my mother, otherwise I couldn't go out! Even with that so called "advantage", I still had sleepless-nights when I did my college thesis, on a PC!

Tsismis pa more?
In the office, I still see so many people using other (or many) fingers to press the space-bar, instead of either thumb! But I can't complain syempre, ehh many of them are my bosses kaya! Masisante pa ako!

Anyway, bakit ko pa kasi nakita yan?! That was supposed to be BANGSAMORO, not BANGAMORO!

Oh well, the signs of our times...

Post a Comment

0 Comments