Parris Island In The Philippines?


I just saw the shirt of this pedicab driver and I clearly read it said Parris Island [note the spelling]..,
pedicab driver wearing a shirt printed with Parris Island
I got very curious as to where might that be, that I don't know, nor haven't heard-of yet, in this country.

Hmmm! I couldn't ask the manong as he was moving, and we were too.

Thus I went online and discovered that there's only one Parris Island on earth. It is an island district in Port Royal, South Carolina, USA, having been made famous due to it being the home of "Parris Island Recruit Depot" serving as a "US Marine Corps Recruit Depot". So okay, I learned something new today!

No, it's not in the Philippines. The manong probably just got that shirt from relatives who live in the US or the shirt may have appeared at, thus he may have bought it, from an ukay-ukay store! Yes, probably!

Imagine that, by just reading the shirt of a pedicab driver, led me to know a bit about a distant place!

Mapuntahan nga yan one of these days! I'll bet, there must be Filipinos in that place, 'no? Marines eh!


Post a Comment

0 Comments