Signs Of Our Time 171008


Short notable notes I encountered yesterday and today!

Wrong spelling, wrong! Catch it if you can!
Did you / Do you see it? At least someone (probably a crew or the owner) attempted to erase the extra letter "N" with a pen - which all the more caught my attention hahah! Hoy Coca-Cola, magsi-ayos kayo!

No more terminal fee at Tacloban DZR Airport. Meaning one less line at check-in area. Buti naman!
The PAL check-in agent who stamped my boarding pass with a "TF Paid" told me, all out-of-Tacloban tickets bought effective 01OCT2017 already include the terminal fee. Thus, no more need to fall in line again at that counter with a woman who's always "waray isurukli". Style mo misis, nag-"the end" gihap!

Hey, while waiting for departure at that restaurant above, I saw this cute car with so many stickers:
I have seen many such vehicles peppered with stickers - some with even more. But, this was the first I saw, where all the stickers are about religion (Catholic, I think). Whatever those are for, I say 'kakaiba'!

On board my flights, I got these "Sky Treats" - Mocha Marble Slice and Apple Raisin Roll!
Yeah, I didn't eat both, so they were just in my backpack (in case I needed a quick bite along the way)!

At least hindi sila cookies na galing sa tindahan, 'no?! But, I think I already said this in previous stories, notable note is that the food being served by PAL (at least on domestic flights) do not anymore come from their inflight kitchen. If you read the labels, those treats above, were made for PAL by Goldilocks.

A sign of our changing times. It is obviously more economical (for the airline) to "outsource" some (or many?) of their products and/or processes, than doing (producing) them in-house as before. A reality!

And here's another reality at Mactan Cebu Airport's arrival area public transport or Taxi Bay...
The signs are incomplete and misleading. Whoever made them are either dumb or playing favorites.
First, look at the red arrows I drew on the 2 pictures above. How can that signage be there? How/Why can it not have its own sign board (at right), when that line is on the other side of the road (sa kanan)?

Hindi ba parang obvious that the sign board favors the line of the more expensive yellow taxis?

What about the green arrows I drew? That points to the "My Bus" ticket counter and boarding area. Do you even see any mention of a "bus" or "My Bus" in those signages? Yes there is at that black bar that can hardly be seen. And the arrow points to the left, which is wrong. It is at the tip of my green arrows!

Notice too, ayan si Manong Yellow Taxi Driver, he can approach passengers emerging from the arrival area, while drivers of white taxis and/or staff of the bus, are not allowed to do so. Passengers beware!

Anyway, more "signs of our times" coming soon. Promise!

Post a Comment

0 Comments