Pizza Night at Pasqualino's


Pasqualino's Restorante Italiano, Sta. Rita, Samar
Will I consider 'pizza' as my dinner? Theoretically NO, says my lowly brain. Hahanap at hahanap din si tiyan ng kanin, kan-on, luto, ご飯, nasi, 쌀, innapuy! But it happened tonight, and even I, was surprised!

Here goes the story..,

I had a long tiring day. "Tiring" because of hours of sitting in a car, traveling back and forth in this very wide region (Eastern Visayas). This morning started with a road trip (about 85 kms) from Tacloban to Leyte Leyte. After some "meeting-nang-meeting", a return trip had to happen syempre. But this time, it was not just to Tacloban, but all the way to a remote barangay in Basey, Samar - that's about 120 kms.

End-of-day at Basey, I said "I need a break". Driver asked.., "Pasqualino's"? Since my three companions didn't say objections to that 'suggestive query', he drove to Pasqualino's instead of Tacloban. I smiled!

I know, we know.., our chic-boy pilot likes the views at Pasqualino's, especially one that wears red and tends to the tables! In fact, we let them talk/select/agree on what we should have. They chose pizza!
pizza at Pasqualino's Restorante Italiano, Sta. Rita, Samar
And 2 orders (different flavors) of pizza came in succession! I jokingly asked driver "ano ito, conjugal choice"? As we all laughed, driver explained (napalusot) that it was just past 5PM, so pizza was best!

Lusot naman! Although we heard their 'intimate discussion', it was the waitress who suggested pizza citing the very same reason that our flirty driver quoted verbatim haha! He listened to the girl, intently!

I think I already said this in previous stories, the pizza of Pasqualino's is the best in Eastern Visayas. I might even have a hard time recalling where else in this country has a better, more delectable pizza. It is not battered with the Pinoy kind of 'sweet' meatsauce nor is it smothered with the European style of 'sour' tomato paste. And the dough is 'crisply crackly'! Ah the edges even 'partly burned to perfection'!

As five of us gobbled slices from the two whole pizzas, I whispered to my driver we may need more.
pizza at Pasqualino's Restorante Italiano, Sta. Rita, Samar
He was just saying "it's coming" and the third round came, to everyone's delight! I think this third one mainly consists of various kinds of cheese. Ah, I don't know the names/flavors, basta masarap lahat!

And another one came, with a lot of meat hehe! So, beer pa more! But two slices remained untouched, and my colleagues already scattered taking pictures all over the place. Who devoured the last two? Ah your guess will be just as good as mine! Adding all slices, I think I had a whole pizza in my tummy. Da!

In an effort to make the stomach lighter, I joined the 'shooting spree' of my colleagues, like this..,
poolside gazebo at Pasqualino's Restorante Italiano, Sta. Rita, Samar
My badness, I even found it hard to get up and walk to that gazebo (smoking area)! But I needed to!

But where/when there's a will, my royal body will find a way, and I did! See first picture above and this:
swimming pool at Pasqualino's Restorante Italiano, Sta. Rita, Samar
Photographed from the gazebo, the pool really actually is subtly heart-shaped - ayaw maniwala ni Ana eh! But, I think the architect, planner, and/or owner of the house did not make it a perfect heart shape as in pang-valentines, kasi lalabas baduy, di ba? From other angles, it looks like a kidney-shaped pool!

Anyway, as I sat smoking in that gazebo, I felt so full (of the pizza?), I couldn't take any more liquid nor solid hehehe. I swear, this was first time I binged on pizza wherever whenever in my whole sizzling life hahaha! Kanin at tuyo pa, (yes, bahaw ngan bulad) yun ang madalas - my truth! So I stopped the SML.

Driver told waitress 'last bottle na daw', and murmured 'excited lang yan para sa Singapore at Thailand bukas'! I heard that, and that made me jump out of my seat saying "ha? shyet oo nga, di pa ako handa, me meeting pa bukas, maglalaba pa yata ako, tara let's go"! As I attempted to pay our bill, Ms Waitress came with the "last bottle"! So I brought that bottle and drank it in the car! Sosyalin! Conyo ang dating!

Okay, I have to finish a presentation, maglalabadami pa, asan na ba ang kaisa-isang boardshorts ko?

So let's discuss this Singapore Thailand thing tomorrow or the next day. C ya!
===

Post a Comment

0 Comments