Lessons From Stranded Kindergarten Activity Sheets

You are probably wondering how/why DepEd's "Kindergarten Activity Sheets" would turn up on a travel blog. Me too, I wonder how/why this happened! But I'm telling you anyway, since I learned things here!

The story..,

We sent (Tacloban to Manila), an 'out of the ordinary' package in size, weight and shape - that was too difficult to send via LBC (the usual courier that we use). After asking around, we learned it was best to ship via Aboitiz - ah yes, they now call themselves 2GO Express. We found a branch at Imelda Avenue (Avenida Veteranos), so we went there to drop the thing. That's it! They do all the packing and crating!
It took time for them to process the damn thing - it's a heavy, delicate (expensive) all-in-one photocopy machine about the height of my knee, where the 4 ink-cylinders cost P19,000 to refill! Hay ewan ko ba why our employer had to send 2 of those hi-tech (and sosyel ha!) machines with us to a disaster area!

Anyway, because we needed to watch and wait (colleagues and the driver did that, hay salamat) while the 2GO people expertly handled the crating ek ek, I looked around and saw those boxes (blue arrow)!

There were too many boxes they virtually looked like the wall of this 2GO Express branch!

I went near those boxes while a clerk was saying "hindi lang yan sir, meron pa sa likod at sa taas"!

I moved closer still, so my camera (phone) can read those things written on each box!
Hmm, touching! I imagined what sheets were/are inside those boxes. It delighted me to know that our education department now does this - for the sake of our learning little tykes all over the country, ano?

Naaliw ako, with some nostalgia haha! I somehow yearned to be back at kindergarten. During my time (hands-up kayo dyan mga kapwa ko "thunder"!), everything had to be drawn or written by the teachers!

Anyway, the inquisitive (sa binisaya pa - atrebida) in me wondered why the blanks were not filled!
Ah, the clerk told me that they (the sender/supplier) just print those information on bond paper that're then pasted on top of each box during delivery/distribution. Hmm, extra work but easier to do, I guess.

So I asked why the boxes were not yet being delivered, and just sitting here, occupying a good floor to ceiling of their office/branch space! The lady said "hagii sir, 3 weeks na"! So I learned that the 'sender' (supplier) sends these boxes to them, then a supplier-representative arrives after that, who goes with their truck during distribution - as required by DepEd - ayun o, nakasulat as a NOTE sa lahat ng boxes!

Hmm, so that is the process - which - made me "relate" to my requirements as a traveler! Hmm..!

So I asked if it is possible to send my things in a box, addressed just to a 2GO branch? The same clerk said "of course sir", and she even told me that the 'term' (condition) they use for that kind of service is "For Branch Pickup" or just "pickup branch"! Then, on arrival, I can just go to that branch to pickup that box. She further told me that it's not just with '2GO Express' as couriers all over the world also do that.

Oh wowness! The Sender and Addressee is you! That was such an important "learning"!

And she was not done! She intimated to me, that this "arrangement" can also be done with all the bus and V-Hire companies (like GrandTours) that accept parcel (or cargo) transport. Wow, I did not know!

That conversation should have ended there, for happiness' sake. But the very talkative me myself and I, probably overjoyed with the new knowledge, returned the topic to those boxes and asked "if it was just fine with them (2GO) that all the hundreds of boxes have been in their branch for already 3weeks".

The lady answered "what else can we do when those boxes are already here". AND I said "you should charge them for storage fees". She said "oo nga ano, sige I will tell our boss". On hindsight.., yes, just after I said that.., I realized I wanted to slap my very own handsome face! I should not have brokered that idea, so we 'madlang public' can send packages and pick them up at will (late), di ba? Ah, my bad!

Anyway, I still learned something new and good for us light travelers. For example: If I am expecting excess baggage, I can just send the extra weight via courier "from myself where ever I am" to "my self at any destination" to be picked-up at their branch convenient to me, myself and I. Da, pwede pala yun!

Of course, I know the reason why there are courier companies at many airport lobbies, even at hotels or bookstores! I remember there's one at the Pacifico Yokohama Exhibition Halls. I know that is for us to "cleverly" send things we can't carry on a plane. But I did not know I can send those to my own self!

Hmm, that adds to the convenience of living alone in a flat! Loner pa more!

Na-alala ko tuloy, I have a friend who was once alleged to have sent flowers to her self on a valentines day hehe! Pwede nga pala talaga! But for flowers, you need not write on an airwaybill as to who is the sender. That's what I learned here: you can send things (not flowers) From: your name, To: your name!

Nice Day!

Post a Comment

0 Comments