Ormoc To Merida Joyride

Nothing much really. This was just a regular run from one locality to another, which, was not my first time anyway, especially that all of a sudden it became a gloomy day. Oh well, and BUT, since I jotted some notes down, I opted to post them here anyway. I feel like I will need to revisit these infos later :)

First interesting sighting (for me, at least) was this tricycle named "Cor Cor Rent A Car"..,
Ormoc to Merida road
My fresh morning mind was titillated, it says rent-a-car yes, but it is a tricycle. Hmm, they also rent out trikes in Ormoc? If so, that would be interesting (and probably a first)! Or maybe that trike is a service of the rent-a-car company. If so, then my eyebrows would crease, since, wheh, it wouldn't seem to jibe!


And then I saw this car was business that had that wifi logo. Hmm, free wifi while you wait?
Ormoc to Merida road
It's not as if that is out-of-this-world or unique or something to call-home-about - as it really is already a thing in many cities on earth, right? But to see it in Ormoc now, or even Visayas? That's wow factor!

Out of seemingly nothing.., without any provocation whatsoever.., my driver started laughing at this,
Ormoc to Merida road
I asked why and he said that, that woman's back also has boobs wearing a bra! I looked and stared.., OMG oo nga! Oh well, I believe that the human brain is more creative-imaginative during the mornings!

And then we passed by this note-worthily important corner for us travelers..,
Ormoc to Merida road intersection to the new Ormoc Airport Road
At first what caught my irked attention were the kids (again!) riding unprotected on motorcycles. That one in the middle is probably only 2 or 3 years old, while that one at right edge of pic is maybe just 10.

Not long after though, my mind shifted as to the directions where these roads go to! Red arrow points to where we were going (Merida, onwards), while blue arrow is the new shorter way to Ormoc Airport.

Hey did you know that Ormoc Airport (IATA: OMC, ICAO-RPVO) is something we might call an "on-and-off" airport? It has been an operating or operable airport since a very long time ago, but, flights to and from it had been inconsistent. I haven't read-up or asked around yet as to why this has been so. Was it due to economics (erratic market)? Politics? Climatic-Tectonics? (i.e. Yolanda-affected)? I do wonder.

Anyway..,

Onwards with my joyride to Merida, we did encounter sporadic traffic congestion! Yes, me ganun!
Ormoc to Merida road
And this was a Sunday morning. Maybe because of the road re-constructions (look at the left side).

Oh here, the road constructions are clearer on this picture..,
Ormoc to Merida road
But that truck's rear got my undivided attention. It uniquely uses the word "gaw" (ig-agaw = cousin).

At Brgy. Curva (still in Ormoc), I was surprised to see a rather sizeable church..,
Barangay Curva Chapel, Ormoc City
It is just a barangay, but in fairness, it is already rather far from the city center.

Itch! The name of this bridge elicited a smile in me.., Macatol Bridge!
Ormoc to Merida road
Macatol in Waray or even Cebuano means "itchy" (Makati in Tagalog). I wonder why it got that name!

And approaching the center of Merida.., the road widenings became even clearer to see...
Ormoc to Merida road
Kudos to the authorities that be in this part of the island for improving the transport infrastructure!

Ah, speaking of transport infrastructure, I could not help but notice and tell you my readers, that within and around the vicinity of Ormoc, these improvements are progressing left and right. And altogether! I would probably already be at a loss on which road to better take when going places outside this city!

Magaling! Improving!

Hey I saw something, but we didn't visit as we were not sure what it was. Before entering Merida town proper, somewhere in a place called Casilda (there is a Casilda Elementary School), I saw to the right of the road something that looked like a religious shrine. I think I saw a name that said St. Rita. I was sure this was not the town's main parish as we were still way far from poblacion. Hmm, mapuntahan!

Sige next time! I suspect there must be something beautiful there since the road goes up a hill. Which means the views from up there would be great, looking down to the sea (Ormoc Bay). Sige, next time.

There's something to look forward to. Yey!

Post a Comment

0 Comments