Jordan Municipal Hall and Smallest Plaza

My unfortunate Day One in Guimaras continued...

After my Balaan Bukid hike, we were back on the red multicab to continue on with the tour. The driver did attempt to apologize with what happened (to me) at that Balaan Bukid "Kalbaryo", but I dismissed him and said "sige na, tuloy, drive"! So we moved, as if going back to where we started - the jetty port.

But at a Y-intersection past the RORO Wharf, we turned right, instead of returning to the jetty port.

Look, I even saw this signage on that corner...
At least natawa ako on that ridiculous "validity" at the bottom of the signage. What is this place really trying to announce or "show off" to the tourists anyway? That after 9-months they won't be complying any longer? And being so, sasalaulain na nila ang uring manggagawa? Ganun? Haha, how incredible!

Anyway, as we cruised along, I was silently appreciating how their roads are being improved...
See the road shoulder at right? No asphalt nor concrete but clear clean wide enough, right?. Pwede!

Jordan Municipal Hall
As I kept clicking, I saw this big and wide edifice that looked 'institutional' (I mean not residential)
I even had to turn and twist just to quickly take snaps as driver was zooming on the road. BUT...
On this second shot, I sensed something was wrong (again). Of course, my blood simmered (AGAIN)!

I said "teka, munisipyo yan ah, di ba dapat dadaan tayo dyan"? Driver replied with a startled "ha?"

It was marked on the map that the sanggano over at the "Information Center" gave to this driver. So he should have known where to stop. Well, apparently (obviously actually) he did not. Nyeta talaga o!

It was me who saw it accidentally. I was capturing a pic of the building which looked good. But when I looked to review the photo, I realized IT WAS/IS the Jordan Municipal Hall. Eh lampas na kami. Haizst! He said "balik tayo sir"? I said "hindi bale na" as my mind was at the time already busy at being angry.

Silently, I was saying... "punyeta kang tour guide, buti na lang I have plans to come back here soon".

So, yun my dear readers... my 2 world-class "magnificent" shots of the Jordan Municipal Hall Hahaha!

The Smallest Plaza
The multicab stopped at this marker... driver/tourguide not saying anything, so I asked "ano yan"
He said matter-of-factly "smallest plaza sir" hahaha! Can I not read English? Ayan sa harap, nakasulat! I was expecting (hoping, OMG almost pleading) he would mention at least some significance of why this was a tourist spot and why he brought me here, like other "normal" tour guides would do! Nothing!

So I went down as I think that was what he expected of me, took this picture and returned to my seat.
And I said "okay let's go". I know he was startled, I knew he would be startled at how quick I was.

I sat in the multicab silent and oblivious at where next we would be going or what next we'd be seeing. I already lost any interest on this tour. I already resigned and accepted this was a devastating "loss" of time and money! But I could not ask to be delivered to my resort just yet as it was not even 10AM yet!

Check-in is at 2PM, right?! So, I had to bear for more than 4 hours more! Penitensya?!

Next topic/s.., whatever else I encountered on this unfortunate tour :(

Post a Comment

0 Comments