Asgad Beach


The best places to see, are sometimes not even part of your itinerary!

The previous beach story (Jagnaya ) and this one below (Asgad) are very good examples...
view of the white sand beach and the pacific ocean at Asgad Salcedo Eastern Samar
Brgy. Asgad is just beside, and next to Jagnaya on a northward run towards "wherever", but, and that, I am now discovering are unknown paradises just awaiting discovery by the commercial tourism world.

Oops and OMG, what am I saying? Part of my mind is now protesting "huwag po"!

Well, the world is getting smaller. We voraciously-active travelers (a.k.a. mga sabid) are scouring this planet extensively for every nook and cranny that may be worth a memorable (instagrammable) visit!

Thus, if I may call it this way: it's time to shine for such remote places. [yet part of me is saying NO]

Anyway, as said in the previous story, I did not come to this place searching for beach paradises hehe. I knew these places are on the pacific coast, but never have I imagined they have beautiful coastlines.

So, after snapping that photo above, I looked to the right and saw this...
the southern strip of Asgad Beach in Salcedo Eastern Samar
On the other side of that promontory (which by itself looks "promising" too) is Jagnaya, where I came from. The sand is about the same color and texture, but this one is wider, clearer, more contiguous.

Just this stretch, can already drown a number of popular beaches in this country - even the world!

Unfortunately for them popular beaches in this country and the world, I looked left and saw this...
the northern strip of white sandy beach in Asgad, Salcedo Eastern Samar
All I could say was "tangina grabe ang ganda ng lugar na ito"! Oh, it is by the way longer-still to the end of this beach (if ever this has an end anyway hehe). It just looks short as there is a slight bend and bit of higher elevation in the sand up there. I guess this goes all the way to the Matarinao peninsular tip!

Looking at this 'generally plain' terrain, long stretch (and wide) white sandy beach, it is easy to imagine how things will grow or mushroom out, if and when touristic commercial development kicks in. I'd just wish and hope that all the laws of nature, man and God are respected and stringently obeyed. Amen!

My 'discourse' above is the very reason I told someone who knows this place well, that I would love to live here for the rest of my colorful life - if only the telco signals can climb over those limestone hills!

Anyway, one last glance at the beach, the waves and the deep blue pacific ocean...
white sand beach and the deep blue pacific ocean at Asgad Beach Salcedo Eastern Samar
I promised my self here, I will be back, again, and again.., to do nothing, but just make tunganga! I will.



So, time to move on, I excitedly told driver "leshgo to Bugay, Burak, Matarinao"! He reminded me, those places were not part of my "official" itinerary of the day. Hahaha, oo nga pala, nasa trabaho pala ako!

Okay, back to Tacloban I went 😔

Post a Comment

0 Comments